The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
1,606 Posts
What are you having done?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, what ya doin to it? I have mine out there for the second time now. It doesn't get any easier. Those guys do one heck of a job. Definitely worth the wait. How long will it be there? BTW. Nice frickin truck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you done the tranny yet? Just curious. I will be moving out there when my truck is done. Gonna expand my business into the denver area. Hopefully I get to see some of these trucks being worked on out there and get to meet some of you guys.

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
awesome. I can't wait to see if the egr delete fixes it, and to see what they find when they pull your heads? having them checked out and not with just a flatness gauge either..?

·
518 Posts
excuse my ignorance but whats a "coldside intercooler pipe" what are the advantages and whats it look like
thanks

Port and polished Heads,tow power turbos, 4" down pipe, cmf, coldside intercooler pipe, head studs, valves, egr delete installed.

·
497 Posts
Thats one hell of a rig man!

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
excuse my ignorance but whats a "coldside intercooler pipe" what are the advantages and whats it look like
thanks
Notice the crimp in the pipe after the intercooler going to the motor. It necks down bigtime to clear a support there. A new pipe should be cheap and effective way to increase the intercoolers flow.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Ya I am curious to see if they find anything with your heads\EGR cooler or what ever is making these trucks puke....! I sure hope you asked them to watch for the cause?.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I;m 90% certian thats its the EGR coolers. There is no way we could have been driving as much as we do with a bad HG. If it was the HG fluids should have started to swap places and boost pressures would have started to fall. I can still hit 38psi in stock set up.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
I;m 90% certian thats its the EGR coolers. There is no way we could have been driving as much as we do with a bad HG. If it was the HG fluids should have started to swap places and boost pressures would have started to fall. I can still hit 38psi in stock set up.
So if it's an EGR cooler issue, whats the answer. Block-off plates, or should the coolant just 100% be bypassed from the EGR?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Block off plates would be my choice. With the coolant bypass, it's not a fix. Just a treatment of the symptom. The will still be gas getting into the EGR cooling jacket. And with no fluid in it the dissipate the heat. It could lead to a complete failure down the road IMO.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Block off plates would be my choice. With the coolant bypass, it's not a fix. Just a treatment of the symptom. The will still be gas getting into the EGR cooling jacket. And with no fluid in it the dissipate the heat. It could lead to a complete failure down the road IMO.

So spartan's don't close the egr valve or anything like that? Like a 6.0? Block off plates will be on my list of things to get for sure.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
The valve gets closed off with the Spartan. But my choice would be to remove the whole stupid set up. Too complicated and troublesome.

·
990 Posts
yes spartans race tune closes off the valve in the egr cooler or at least to my knowledge it does. so do you guys hink spartans tunes are responsible for the failures you guys are seeing?

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I would think with the amount of HARD miles I have put on mine something would have happend by now...... I don't tow but I have been trying to find the weak link and nothing has really changed. I do know how to drive around it now so I am not going through very much coolant now days.

I also rememebr reading that the Spartan cycle the EGR valve, how often I am not sure??

·
990 Posts
i beat on mine hard too, and after having my radiator replaced no too long ago i haven' lost any coolant.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts