The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 with 70 k miles on it and i love this truck but soon the warranty will be up and its puking with ARP studs in it. Ford is having the 0-60 sale now and i really like the new trucks. Would you guys reccomend me getting the newest version, wait for next job to come out or stay with the 6.0. I just dont want to get a new truck and have it in the shop alot. I put around 55k a year on my truck so i use it and use it hard!!So in other terms just give it to me straight! worth it or not!!! thanks guys!:ford

·
120 Posts
I think the 2008s are okay, I would have bought one but didn't want to mess with the particle filter junk.

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Mine has really been a nice vehicle to drive. But then again I only have 8000 on her in three months. I am hopeing to be able to say the same thing at 80,000 and above.
~Mike~:usflag

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how is it when its in regen and if im pulling my trailor will it practically stop the truck?Is there a specific amount of miles b4 it starts regen, to where it could be planned for a break in driving!

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
My first regen was around 600 miles.
I honestly am not noticing a significant loss of power during these regeneration times.
I have though, read other posts saying that thier power is going down.

·
1,660 Posts
i too am thinking about switching , maybe even buying a cummins , please keep the info coming .

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see the thing is my father owns a company and he buys all dodges.so he has 8 megacab diesels and 4 1500's for around town, the guy who h buys from said he could get me into an 07 mega dually for 35g's, but i dont want a mega or a dually and i kinda like the fords myself, but if ford wont bargain with me ill have to try the old dodge out for a few years!

·
90 Posts
I don't think you will find a better time to buy the 08 Superduty than right now. With 0% apr for 60 months, this by far is the best deal on any HD truck in this class. Go for it. I have no regrets so far on my 08 SD.:woot:

·
1,660 Posts
what is the average MPGs you guys are getting?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
rhcdiesel said:
see the thing is my father owns a company and he buys all dodges.so he has 8 megacab diesels and 4 1500's for around town, the guy who h buys from said he could get me into an 07 mega dually for 35g's, but i dont want a mega or a dually and i kinda like the fords myself, but if ford wont bargain with me ill have to try the old dodge out for a few years!
Drop me a line. I will hook you up at True Invoice Pricing (-) all rebates that you quailify for (& or) 0 % X 60 or 1.9% X 72, NO D/H or Title fees ever.
You NEVER even have to step foot into a dealership. I can/will FedEx all paperwork to you.

FYI randy

·
31 Posts
mileage --- dont pull with my truck. Best so far on interstate driving is about 16. But drops off fast if get into it any. Tons
of post on this.

·
123 Posts
I am looking into one also just trying too find one with the options i want .

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Randy,
Where in the HELL were you when I bought mine:damnit

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
seapig said:
Randy,
Where in the HELL were you when I bought mine:damnit
Having surgery I think. I was down for almost 4 months total. Sorry

I have sold trucks to many guys here.

just here to help those looking for New Fords, not to have to go through the Dealership Bull$hit

randy

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
HARLEY6LF250SDU said:
Having surgery I think. I was down for almost 4 months total. Sorry

I have sold trucks to many guys here.

just here to help those looking for New Fords, not to have to go through the Dealership Bull$hit

randy
No man that was not it.
I was just not smart enough to get on this site BEFORE I bought my rig.
"Day late and a doller short my 'ole Daddy used to say about me:damnit
Yep and my daughter is stationed right by you to:damnit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts