The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just bought a fixer upper 92 F-250 7.3L idi with a CTS II factory installed turbo.

My first problem was the glow plug system. I read forums online and figured out my glow plugs and the controller portion of my gp relay was shot. I wired in a manual switch for the controller and wired it so the wts light would come on when the switch was on.

Recently the I have burned out all my new gps, but the switch still seems to work fine. I never left the switch on and only ever let it stay on for about 15sec at a time.

All at once my rpm gauge quit working, the wts light come on steady, the overdrive light on the shifter doesn't work or light up at all, and its shifting all over the place. Its revs up then shifts way too soon, revs itself back up for a sec and prematurely shifts again. I can drive it if I keep it in 2nd till about 60 then switch it to drive but it still shifts all messed up.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated as I would like to drive this thing home for christmas.

Thanks

Nick

·
69 Posts
First off you shouldn't hold the gp's ,for any longer then 10 seconds,and only use ford beru gp's.On the tach sounds like maybe the tach sensor,it's right behind the oil filler neck.Last off for the erratic shifting that may also be the tach sensor,if that doesn't fix it ,check the mlpr. it's on drivers side of tranny connected to shift lever,last off,check the speed sensor,it's connected to the speedo cable and the tranny,and check and clean all your tranny electrical connections,only use electrical contact cleaner,and then coat with bulb grease,these trucks are known to have problems with water intrussion in the electrical connectors.Well i hope some of this helps,good luck with it.:knight

1 - 2 of 2 Posts