The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GOT BEER?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried the 210, 250 and did the trans relearn and I can't get it to shift right. I have it set at 210 and it slams into drive and reverse like an old tranny with a shift kit. I have had it on 210 for 2 weeks and it still doesnt shift correctly. Sometimes when I floor it, it shifts weird like its confused. The 250 is the same way. I have ran the 150 tune and down and they shift normal. Any help will be appreciated.

·
GOT BEER?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am I the only one?

·
773 Posts
These tunes retune the TCM, basically putting an electronic shift kit in the truck without opening the tranny. Hope this helps.

Rene

·
111 Posts
I just updated my dash daq and the new version of tunes. Seems to be shifting hard as you said yours was. Not from forward t reverse though. How do you do the tranny relearn? thru the DD? Truck does feel like it has a shift kit in it and grad gears at odd times.

·
21 Posts
I have tried the 210, 250 and did the trans relearn and I can't get it to shift right. I have it set at 210 and it slams into drive and reverse like an old tranny with a shift kit. I have had it on 210 for 2 weeks and it still doesnt shift correctly. Sometimes when I floor it, it shifts weird like its confused. The 250 is the same way. I have ran the 150 tune and down and they shift normal. Any help will be appreciated.
Are you running the 210 tow tune or the 210 reg. tune? The 210 tow is made to shift hard for towing. It does this on all of the trucks unless you are using the spartan TCM.

·
393 Posts
I just updated my dash daq and the new version of tunes. Seems to be shifting hard as you said yours was. Not from forward t reverse though. How do you do the tranny relearn? thru the DD? Truck does feel like it has a shift kit in it and grad gears at odd times.
The transmission "learning" process has nothing to do with the DashDaq, it is with the truck's onboard computer. Even if you return the truck to the stock tuning from a "tune", it will have to re-learn your driving habits.

Every time you change tunes, the learning process starts all over.

I have the regular 210 tune (not the tow tune) and it shifts just like a stock transmission.

If I change to the 250 tune, the shifting is much firmer, which is better on the transmission (you're not having to deal with "slipping"), but can "jar your teeth" at times. Sometimes at low speeds, for instance while making a left turn at an intersection and then accelerating, the transmission does seem to get "confused" and it may down-shift fairly hard. This is normal.

Find a tune that gives you the performance and fuel economy you are wanting (the 250 is best for mpg's) and use it for a month or so. The truck will learn how you drive and you will learn to drive your truck.

·
393 Posts
See my previous post to this thread.

·
GOT BEER?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added about a half qt of fluid which seems to help. Sometimes it does act retarded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts