The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 f-350 superduty. I am planning on pulling a bobcat with it when I dont need a dump truck. my question is what kind of shocks(brand and number if possible) should I get to keep me up in the air without giving up too ride comfort when not pulling a trailer. The trailer with bobcat wont be over 7000 lbs. thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
aja458 said:
I have a '99 f-350 superduty. I am planning on pulling a bobcat with it when I dont need a dump truck. my question is what kind of shocks(brand and number if possible) should I get to keep me up in the air without giving up too ride comfort when not pulling a trailer. The trailer with bobcat wont be over 7000 lbs. thanks
I would get a set of airbags if it were me...

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
firestone ride rite air bags for the load. and for the shocks monroe reflex shocks are great on are super dutys and lastly air shocks are from the 70 's dont let anyone sell you air shocks just my .02
steve

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
I don't know about you aja458 and I'm not trying to say you can't afford it, but I know I can't afford an airbag system at the moment, so does anyone have any advise on bolt on shocks? Not trying to steal your thread, just trying to help get more info.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
monroe reflex shocks and you can do air bags for about 300 bucks thats as much as 4 shocks IMHO

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
I didn't realize that an air bag system was that cheap. I never have really looked at them, I just figured they were a lot higher than that. Is that a good system though?

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
mine has over 200000 miles on it and i pull alot 2-3 times a week on avg and the adjustabilty is awesome with the ride rite bags u can put 5000lbs over the axle thats some real shi* if ya ask me

·
1,921 Posts
DO NOT USE AIR SHOCKS!!!!!!!!! The shock mounts are NOT designed to carry a load. Putting air shocks on and airing them up is a good way to bust off the shock mounts!

Personall I'd go with the air bags to handle the load as said above and I've got a set of Rancho RS9000X shocks that i really like. I can stifen them up for when I'm towing and they work great! Then I can soften them up when unladen to soften the ride. Only thing I wish I had different is I wish I had the in cab controller.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
gtspowerstroke said:
DO NOT USE AIR SHOCKS!!!!!!!!! The shock mounts are NOT designed to carry a load. Putting air shocks on and airing them up is a good way to bust off the shock mounts!

Personall I'd go with the air bags to handle the load as said above and I've got a set of Rancho RS9000X shocks that i really like. I can stifen them up for when I'm towing and they work great! Then I can soften them up when unladen to soften the ride. Only thing I wish I had different is I wish I had the in cab controller.
hey i allready said air shocks are so 70's dont let anyone sellem to ya and to gts the controler is a POS it will fail poorly

·
1,921 Posts
Yeah you said air shocks re 70s but you didn't say why they suck! ;) I've heard both sides of the contorller and the shocks themselves. I really like mine. The only thing I don't like about them is the adjusting knob gets stuck sometimes.

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
What would be a good air bag system? You guys really have me interested now.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
Thanks!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts