The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of shocks would you guys recommend for a daily driver that are long lasting and still have a good ride. I need to replace the front two on my truck this weekend.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
billies. they are the way to go! you can get others that are quite good as well (fox, etc but it depends on how much you want to spend)

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Procomp MX6's

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
snowaholic said:
Procomp MX6's
can you keep yours where you set them? a buddy of mine had em on his dodge and they wont stay set at any level :umno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
n2diesel said:
What kind of shocks would you guys recommend for a daily driver that are long lasting and still have a good ride. I need to replace the front two on my truck this weekend.
I put Skyjackers on mine and I love them. I had Rancho rs5000 on for about 30,000 miles. Skyjackers are a better ride IMO. They were about $40 each.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Gun Dog said:
I put Skyjackers on mine and I love them. I had Rancho rs5000 on for about 30,000 miles. Skyjackers are a better ride IMO. They were about $40 each.
i have to second that i had a set of skyjacker nitros and they was the best shocks i have ever owned... and they are VERY resonably priced

·
268 Posts
My dad has Rouch Country nitro shocks on his and they are awesome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the procomp mx6's they have 6 adjustments
on them so when you tow you can stiffen them
up alittle I paided $285.00 for 4 very nice shocks

·
2,691 Posts
How much do you want to spend? This will determine what you should buy.
I have DR sigs and think they are the best shocks I have ever used. They are valved for a Superduty and have a great warranty. They are also coated with a clear powder coating so they will not rust out.
The down side is that they are about $90 each.

·
2,126 Posts
Bilsteins

·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where can I get a set of Shyjacker nitros for my truck nobody has them around here.

·
2,655 Posts
If the shocks are toast......I'd go with Bilstein shocks. I've had Monroe, Rancho and a few others but the Bilstein shocks seem to work better. I think Bilstein has a 1,000,000 mile warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts