The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got this truck a couple weeks ago. Has immaculate service records (dealer provided them to me). Owner stated he had some radiator warranty/recall work done during the time he owned it. But everything seems pretty normal on it. This morning I walked out and there was a pretty good drip coming from the engine. a couple hours later and its still dripping pretty good. It has no color and no odor but its got a puddle thats bigger than I feel comfortable with under my truck. When I look under the engine its coming from above where the stabilizer bar is. Looks like there is a pipe with some material wrapped around it, could be in the radiator area but Hard to see anything with as cramped as they make these engine bays. Any suggestions?

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
I had the same issue. Mine was the upper coolant tube. Nothing major and was only $150 to have the dealer do the work.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I top it off with anything if I don't have time to go to a dealer soon?

·
606 Posts
If you top off the degas bottle, make sure you use distilled water. And yes it is a good idea to it top off.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thing I have some leftover distilled water from swapping the coolant on my motorcycle for track day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts