The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the coolant filter from dfuser. According to the instructions I needed a box of rags and to be prepared for a mess my I cut the High Side Hose. I cut and no mess, no coolant at all came out :shrug: . The truck hadn't been started in about 12 hours prior to install. Thanks in advance !!

·
2,951 Posts
erikfowl said:
I just installed the coolant filter from dfuser. According to the instructions I needed a box of rags and to be prepared for a mess my I cut the High Side Hose. I cut and no mess, no coolant at all came out :shrug: . The truck hadn't been started in about 12 hours prior to install. Thanks in advance !!
Mine did the same thing, cut the hose and nothing came out. Your good to go:Thumbup: My truck sat for over 24 hrs. before I did mine and never lossed an ounce of coolant:woot: .

Lonnie

·
1,660 Posts
strange, i lost a crap load when i did mine . and mine sat over night

·
1,660 Posts
sure did

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
Is the line you guys are cutting up high? If so, you might just have the luck of the draw on whether you get an air pocket up there after it settles overnight. Just a guess.

Ralph

·
Compression Ignition Fool
11 Posts
I did mine about 4K miles ago. I had the tee and all the hose clamps ready for when I cut the high side hose. Coolant started flowing out fast when I cut the hose so I put the hose clamps and tee in as quick as possible and only lost about a half gallon or so of coolant. Truck was warm though. -Brad

·
Registered
151 Posts
When I did mine, as I cut the heater hose I pulled both ends of the hose straight up, this kept the coolant from comming out then I applied some vise grips to both sides of the heater hose then when I put the hose ends back in place and slipped my T on I lost hardly any coolant at all, but it did want to come out, and mine sat overnight as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts