The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to increase MPG and have some fun with a little extra HP sometimes. MY Excursion is at the shop getting a differant 6.0 because she blew head gasket and threw two rods. Used 6.0 has 13,000 miles, EGR delete and ARP studs installed. Air intake and exhaust coming soon. So should I chip or Tune?

·
211 Posts
if the new donor engine is in good shape tuning it will be fine. just let the custom tuners know what you want out of you X and what mods you have and they will dial you in.

Reactions: BrokeStroke

·
775 Posts
I think what your asking is, should you go with a programer or tuner that plugs in between your harnes going to your computer. The programer reprograms the computer and changes the peramiters of your computer. The tuner changes the information that goes to the computer theirfore getting performance from the computer by lieing to it. The advantage to the tuner is that you can change your power program on the fly. The advantage to the programer (like SCT) is you can get tunes made to what you want, your not cheating the computer info and you don't have extra wires under the hood that could cause problems (corroded connectors in wet weather). I like the SCT with custom tunes from Innovative. Personal choice.:thumbsup

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You

I think what your asking is, should you go with a programer or tuner that plugs in between your harnes going to your computer. The programer reprograms the computer and changes the peramiters of your computer. The tuner changes the information that goes to the computer theirfore getting performance from the computer by lieing to it. The advantage to the tuner is that you can change your power program on the fly. The advantage to the programer (like SCT) is you can get tunes made to what you want, your not cheating the computer info and you don't have extra wires under the hood that could cause problems (corroded connectors in wet weather). I like the SCT with custom tunes from Innovative. Personal choice.:thumbsup
Thank you,your right I guess I should have asked Tuner or programer,but I'm a rookie to this diesel stuff. I'm learning alot from all on TDG.:thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts