The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i trade my truck for a 2000 ram 2500 cummins with 212k on it and 2k on a new tranny, if i did this i would sell the 2000 ram and get a 12v, is there any market for a 2000 ram 2500 4x4 quadcab, loaded with 212k on it, how much is a truck like that worth

·
268 Posts
Well its worth way more then your truck, look at kellybluebook.com or nadaguide.com and see what it is worth. Look at local trucks in your area and even look at ebay to see what they are going for. I would guess around $10500-$12500 if its in good condition.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any other opinions

·
3,514 Posts
yeah, I have a a 94 with a powerstroke, and my brother has a 96 powerstroke. I also have a 2000 dodge, and it is way better IMO. Mine only has 113k but I love the truck. I've also had a 12valvle, and those trucks are great too. As far as towing, or making power I like the dodge a lot more. I didn't like the 12v interior as much as the ford, the 24v I like more. But all that can be solved by buying a 98 12v. Personally, I think you would be going up in value buying a the dodge. I've seen a lot of them run solid for a long time without any problems. both the fords we've had, haven't had any major problems, but they've need more small things fixed.
The only problems I've encountered with my dodge are ones that I created from modifying the truck.

I say do it.
Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts