The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dually Club member #56
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As posted before, my truck has developed a real bad oil leak that appears to be comeing from under the turbo pedistal. If I have to remove the turbo to fix the oil leak, should I go ahead and upgrade to a better (wicked wheel) compresser wheel? Or what would your recomendations be. - Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would buy a wicked wheel and a 1.0 turbo housing cuz i am fixing to do these mods to my truck.

·
463 Posts
it would be a good time to do it. the ATS ported housing is a better more expensive option though. but do it especially if your experiencing any turbo surge

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
A 1.0 exhaust housing, and if money permits, get the ATS housing over the wicked wheel....

·
Smokin'
430 Posts
What was said - if you need some help getting the turbo out I have a few video's floating around that may help.

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
are you sure its just not the oil lines. my dad has a 01 f250 and a 00 X both PSD's and both have had three sets replaced and two CPS. but atleast do the 1.0 housing.

·
588 Posts
had a ? will the wicked wheel and or ATS housing increase boost? tops as is is 23#, would like more:)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
speedemon said:
had a ? will the wicked wheel and or ATS housing increase boost? tops as is is 23#, would like more:)
The stocker will come apart if it's pushed to 25.

Might only take 10 25psi pulls or a 100, but it won't like it.

Ask me how I know :sofa

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i have a supirior wheel that i get 28 some times 30 psi out of and have for 25000 miles now is hasnt died yet just my .02

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
camojeeper said:
i have a supirior wheel that i get 28 some times 30 psi out of and have for 25000 miles now is hasnt died yet just my .02
Lucky.
I lost three to 25+ psi pulls.
I'm just hard on EVERYTHING.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts