The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Ted and WOW, am I impressed. I've been interested in one of their performance packages and finally got my wife to let go of the checkbook. Wanted to make sure every single question was answered before plopping down that much $$$. Ted was VERY patient and VERY knowledgable. Hopefully the install will go as smoothly.

I'll keep everybody posted on how the installations go and the results. Thanks Ted. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Agreed!!
Ted is a great guy to deal with and Erics tunes are awesome:Thumbup:

·
powerstrokes rule
841 Posts
eric does build awesome tunes, yesterday he live tunes my truck on the dyno, and what he can do with his labtop is great. thanks eric. the truck runs stronger than ever

·
778 Posts
I just hopped on the xcal2 boat about 3 days ago and dealed with eric also. great service! it was about 5 or 6pm here on the west coast and he was still emailing me and even got me a canned tune that night! (cuz I bought a used xcal2 and had to have the device erased) I thought it was extreme street but it was only the street tune. lol it's a whole different truck and the shifting is amazing. it really trumps the edge I had on. you're gonna love it albob!

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i agree, erics tunes are great! sometimes it takes a lil while to get ahold of em (cuz theyre usually pretty busy)...but its always worth it!:Thumbup:

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I received the Volant Cold Air Intake a mere two days after placing my order. I was getting a bit worried about the exhaust because I hadn't received a shipping notification. Just as I sent an e-mail to Eric asking about when the exhaust would ship, the UPS man knocked on my front door with a big beautiful package marked "MBPR". After sending in the code from my computer I received shipping notification that the SCT Xcalibrator is on it's way and should be here by Thursday. Looks like it's gonna be a great weekend installing all the new toys. :woot:

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YEAH BABY!!!

Okay, here's the list; Volant Cold Air Intake, MBPR Exhaust with Cat delete and Xcal2 (Economy, Tow and Street tunes). Installed everything this weekend and WOW! The first time I mashed the gas pedal I was making a left out of our development and did the best fishtail I've ever done. I must have left 30 yards of rubber behind me. What made it even more impressive is my wife grabbed her seat and screamed at me to knock it off. I love it when I get her to do that. :evil:

Note to anybody thinking of getting the Volant: Once it's in, it fits well and looks nice. But you need to be VERY patient, it's not easy to install. The supplied instructions don't really exist so it's a "real man's" dream. Also, if they forget to send you the special tool you need to get the MAS sensor off your stock unit, just go ahead and call Volant and have them send it to you. I ended up drilling out the screws and using an EZ-out. Got the job done, but it would have been easier with the right tool.

Thanks again to Eric and Ted from Innovative Diesel. I loved my truck before, but now.......................YEAH BABY!!!:Thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts