The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm getting close to ordering a DP tuner within the next couple weeks. My truck is the white '97 F350 with the 5" turnouts. By reading all the posts on here, it looks like DP is the only choice for the 7.3s. And no one really has nothing bad to say about them. I'm looking to get stock, 60 tow, 80 econ, 100, and 140 smoke. I would just like to see some pics or vids of you trucks in action with the DP tuner. Thanks-Joe

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
I got vid done ill try and post it. one thing 140smoke wont work. obs' not enough fuel to make it run. thats what jody told me on my 97.

·
6,337 Posts
Any chip or tuner is not going to do the output for the higher settings... about 80-100 hp settings is all you need. Not enough HPO or Fuel...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh I wasnt aware of that, not that it really matters. Are you guys blowing any kind of smoke with the 80 or 100 settings?

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
80 no 100 some
I have the 140 too and it really blows more than the 100. Also the higher the hp the better the throttle sensitivity.

·
6,337 Posts
TSGS69400 said:
80 no 100 some
I have the 140 too and it really blows more than the 100. Also the higher the hp the better the throttle sensitivity.

Thats because on the Higher hp settings your ICP drops so low your fuel is dripping in there.

You will see no more hp from an 100hp setting to a 140 with a OBS.

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Check out the vid in my SIG that it from stock injectors, stock turbo and 5" exh so If you have 4" out the back or stait piped stock its even better. Im selling my DP just so ya know.

·
Registered
204 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts