The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stacked6600 would like to see pictures of any people with an airbag suspension setup. He is thinking about putting a set on his F-250 and is looking for examples. :damnit

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Like rear air bags to aide in towing or a full air bag suspension???

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i like firestone ride rites got em on my truck i will get some pics up later they will hold 5000lbs @100psi

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
for towing. I got a set of firestone airbags with brackets :woot: for dirrect bolt to the axel\leaf springs and fraim but i want to see how you guys have them set up . :sly:

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
um when i did mine just bolt up the bags on top of yr springs its normall for them to sit on a little angle down in front higher in the rear this is to allow proper spring movment. then i ran the air lines back to the rear bumper and out. i have seen two ways to come thru the bumper i think the best one is you drill out two of the bolt holes in your lic plate and bring the shrader valves thru the lic plate holes its a clean look or you can just punch two hols where ever you think it will look good i hope this helps
steve

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
camojeeper said:
um when i did mine just bolt up the bags on top of yr springs its normall for them to sit on a little angle down in front higher in the rear this is to allow proper spring movment. then i ran the air lines back to the rear bumper and out. i have seen two ways to come thru the bumper i think the best one is you drill out two of the bolt holes in your lic plate and bring the shrader valves thru the lic plate holes its a clean look or you can just punch two hols where ever you think it will look good i hope this helps
steve

Do you have any guages or do you use a tire pressure guage?

·
2,106 Posts
camojeeper said:
steve
I have also seen the behind the fuel door...

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
99StrokerDude said:
I have also seen the behind the fuel door...
it might be hard to get some gas station air chucks in there i think bumper is the best but its your truck so behind the fuel door would be one more option

·
Registered
42 Posts
I took two leaf springs out of the back on each side of my '01 F250 and the truck rides on the air bags all the time.Nice smooth ride,the truck is always level and when I put a load in the back,I just add more air! Not a full air ride like I have in my F550,but pretty damn close.

I'm doing the same thing to my '06 Ram 2500 next week.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
yes i keep a good dial guage in the door pocket empty i run the min 5 lbs with my 11000 lb 5ther i run 10lbs rides like a dream then theres the 17000 tonge pull dump trailer then i run 40 lbs hope this helps
steve

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Thanks guys. i cant wait to get them set up . :woot: Camo did you leave all your leafs in or did you remove some? Also where is a good place to get shrader valves for the lines? It didnt come with them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You don't have to take any leafs out if all you are looking to do is increase the load carrying capabilities of your truck.
I do it to level the truck and make the ride better.I can still carry as much as I want in the back,but I don't have that bumpy/jumpy ride when the bed is empty.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
airbag setups huh....I'll try and get a pic of my mother-in-law in my truck next time I have to take her someplace.........

kevin

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
bigdraft said:
airbag setups huh....I'll try and get a pic of my mother-in-law in my truck next time I have to take her someplace.........

kevin
I have been watching this to see how long before someone post a picture of a ex-wife. LOL LOL

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
wastedwagesracing said:
I have been watching this to see how long before someone post a picture of a ex-wife. LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL

That's not right. :pointlaugh LOL LOL I just about lost a mouth full of soda.LOL LOL

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
:believe

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Stacked6600 said:
Thanks guys. i cant wait to get them set up . :woot: Camo did you leave all your leafs in or did you remove some? Also where is a good place to get shrader valves for the lines? It didnt come with them.
no i got all my leafs
and i would think that you could look at firestones site and get the shraders there a push on stiyle or any big truck shop should have the stuff to make up the fittings

·
11 Posts
Ran my air lines up to the running boards so that I did not have to crawl under the camper when it was on the truck to add air. I added the air bags for stability for going down the highway.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts