The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fixing oil leaks on my truck for about a month now, and its leaking again.

I talk to a buddie that work at a ford dealership and he said there is a bolt and o-ring on one of the head not sure which one has anybody heard of this, or know where it is?

·
TDG Mafia Member # 37
901 Posts
Do you have oil accumulating in the valley? If you do there is a good chance it could be the HPOP o-rings starting to leak or the high pressure oil lines. They have o-rings. There are also some plugs on the heads that can leak, these are located on the head just below the fuel rails, or just above the valley area. Is it actually oil or could it be fuel? I had a leak that I thought was oil a couple years back and it ended up being fuel instead. The fuel line going into the back of the passenger head was slightly leaking. Hope this helps ya some, Gene :mafia

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was some oil in the valley, I have already the hpop o-rings, and the bolts in the valley with o-rings have been changed, so have the turbo o-rings

·
TDG Mafia Member # 37
901 Posts
Is it possibly coming from the high pressure oil line cross over? You did not mention that. Have you smelled it to make sure it's oil? You say you had some oil in the valley, but is it still accumulating after replacing all that you mentioned? Gene :mafia

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
01blkf250 said:
Is it possibly coming from the high pressure oil line cross over? You did not mention that. Have you smelled it to make sure it's oil? You say you had some oil in the valley, but is it still accumulating after replacing all that you mentioned? Gene :mafia
I cleaned it up the best I could and its been a couple weeks,still leaking.
I forgot to say that it only drips when the truck is shut off to.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we changed the o-rings on the pedestal, what is the EBPV for sure?

·
TDG Mafia Member # 37
901 Posts
When you say it is still dripping is it only in the valley area or is it coming down the back of the block onto the ground? If down the back of the block you really need to make sure what it is oil or fuel. The plug in the back of the fuel rail can leak when not running as the fuel flows to the front of the passenger side head when running and is pretty much used up and what doesn't get used goes back to the tank, but when shut down it can leak out the plug. You have not said if it's oil or fuel for sure unless I missed something. Gene :mafia

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought it was oil but I will have to double check, its for sure not in the valley just down the back of the block.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Should of bought you a Dodge. LOL :poke:

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big Gray dodge said:
Should of bought you a Dodge. LOL :poke:
e

No I don't think so it just leaks oil, the body is still good, no rattles on the inside and is tough as hell

:dodge :bow: :ford LOL LOL LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts