The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just want to know if there is anything that I need to know wbout taking the silencer ring? I would like to take it out but I just want to make sure that I am not going to break anything. Just let me know. Thanks

Torre

·
Registered
157 Posts
unless you have a jack hammer near by you should be ok, just pop it out

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The difference in noise depends on the intake system. With a stock intake the difference is small, but with an aftermarket system you should definitely notice a difference.

The nice thing about the silencer ring is it only takes 5 mins to put back, if you don't like it

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
anyone know any other tricks to make turbo noise louder? I have an aem brute force intake and edge e-z module.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well took my silencer out last night i have stock set up with k&n air filter and it just made it air-e-er:knight: sounding liked it better before but ima leave it out ne wayz

·
Registered
12 Posts
did ya get er out yet?

hey torre ya take your sliencer ring out yet? if so what do you think? like i said at first i wasnt sure but i think it cause i didnt know what to expect but now i love the sound!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i was wondering about the ring too i just went out and took it off and its worth it for the minute it takes to take it off

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just took mine out. at first I did not hear a differince at all but when I went for a drive you could hear it screem. I am glade that I did it and I would recomond that everone takes it out it sounds great.

Torre

·
Singles Club Member #34
363 Posts
ya i did mine yesterday and with the straight pipe she just sound mean as all hell especially when u shift

1 - 17 of 17 Posts