The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 dodge 2500 singel wheel i want to make it a dual wheel what do i have to do?can the rear end i got be made in to a dully?

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
As far as I know the axle should be swapped out. But I figure some here will know if there a short cut to doing this or not...

Also the bed of the truck is design a bit different for the fender wells...

·
Registered
964 Posts
It's real easy sell it and buy my 96 dually!! To much work not even close to being worth it! Didn't you want to go to the warm weather for a week anyway!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cant be that hard. iam sure some1 told me all i got to do is change the studs he said 2500 rear end is same as a 3500 but i dont know that y iam postin and i am in warm weather iam in alabama!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I don't know what else is involved, but I noticed that the frame on my 98 1 ton dually is narrower than the frame on my 95 3/4 ton. I was going to take the 5th wheel hitch off of the dually and put it on the 95, but it wasn't wide enough.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The rear is a dana 70 the dually is a dana 80 Not only is the rear bigger so are the springs and yes the frame is wider. Just not made to do what you want especially tow. But hey no one ever stopped you from trying! Could work but don't forget it's cheaper to get already made!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts