The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine wants to know what ya'll think about single 6inch slash cut stack or duals..and why?

·
4,158 Posts
Duals in the end look better, but single will flow more. it's all about what you like more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Both can look great, but I think it all depends on the truck and how it's set up.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Rodram2002 said:
Both can look great, but I think it all depends on the truck and how it's set up.
:iagree words of the wise.

I generally like duals more, but dual miters are so common I don't think they are very special anymore. That is unless there is something special about them

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
diesel_ram_man said:
Duals in the end look better, but single will flow more. it's all about what you like more.

dude how does a single flow any more or less than duels....its all the same up to the splitter then you either go up with 2 pipes or one.:shootself:

·
4,158 Posts
Every time the exhaust makes a turn it takes longer for the air to get out. With a single it's just out the turbo turns up and shoots straight out. With duals comes out of the turbo turns up once then splits twice, which makes it more restrictive. I mean it's nothing to be concerned with unless you have a real performer and you want that smoke out as quickly as possible.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
The above post is a forum bot, you should probably delete its post and it's account...

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Back on topic:

I personally like the single straight cut or mitre cut 7" better and that is what I am looking at getting because of the fact that so many people have duals...

·
40 Posts
I just installed my single and love the look...everyone runs dual...be different

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
dude how does a single flow any more or less than duels....its all the same up to the splitter then you either go up with 2 pipes or one.:shootself:
Actually Charley is right. When you have a crazy H.P. truck, you want the exhaust to exit as quickly as possible..a hood stack would be the quickest exit, however that's not street legal in most states. So you run the exhaust straight back with as few bends, and joints as possible. The more bends you have, the more restriction you will get. The more joint's you have the better the chance you will have an exhaust leak, wich can be restrictive. A quick smooth exit is idea.

Every time the exhaust makes a turn it takes longer for the air to get out. With a single it's just out the turbo turns up and shoots straight out. With duals comes out of the turbo turns up once then splits twice, which makes it more restrictive. I mean it's nothing to be concerned with unless you have a real performer and you want that smoke out as quickly as possible.
Very well said! :thumbsup

Now back on topic, I prefer the look of dual stacks my self. The appearance of the truck will determine what size stacks look good. If the truck is stock height, no bigger than 6". However if you have a nasty jacked up monster...then 7" all the way! In the end it's your truck, and your money..do with it as you see fit!:thumbsup

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
i run dual 6 inch miters but id really like to do a single 8 inch

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Your 7in stack looks KILLER.....!! I had a stack...... Im thinking about going back to a tail pipe....

i agree i had a stack on mine and after a while it gets old and kinda gets on your nerves with the sound also if your trien to listen to the radio too gotta turn it up all the way to hear it but i love the pic but i think its depends on the truck style too then also too when it rains i hate it bc you gotta cover them or put on rain caps which i did both and also if you had under bed pipes you wouldnt have to worry bout people stickin stuff in them or on them bc i had a friend that got bottles and put them on the stacks when it was hott and i tried to get the plastic off itll leave the scar of the plastic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts