The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after that thread of Tankies on smoking out people ,I should do something about my exhaust now that its spring and people have their windows down!

Now ,my Dog always rides in the bed of the truck whenever the truck is Driven anywhere,you see its really his truck that he lets me drive him in.

Is he going to be OK back there ? my truck smokes good when making power 24/7 I'm a little worried about doing this 6" single stack because of the dog,he is my true friend and it would kill me if something happens to him from this mod or anything else! but at the same time people don't like a face full of soot from a 500+ hp TD ether!

What do you think about this? I want to do my part but don't want to hurt the Dog!:gaah

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
If i were you i would chain him to one side of the bed so he dont get smoked or burned by the pipe.

·
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is never tied in the back,I wont do it,He is smart and does not jump out ever. I am worried about the soot roll ing back into the bed of the truck .has anyone had there back window open and had some exhaust come back in or see it roll around in the bed ?:fart

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
He is never tied in the back,I wont do it,He is smart and does not jump out ever. I am worried about the soot roll ing back into the bed of the truck .has anyone had there back window open and had some exhaust come back in or see it roll around in the bed ?:fart
I have never had either. I think it depends on the height of the stack. When I had mine on they were just about the top of the cab. I think as long as your on the move the smoke trail stays behind ya. Go to youtube and look at some of the smoke videos. It will give ya an idea of where the smoke rolls to.

·
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Doug, do you think I will be ok with a 5" into a 6" x36" miter stack mid bed?:thumbsup

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Id say the pup should be fine then. As long as he stays away from the hot stack, which im sure he will.

·
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This thing ROLLs some coal and makes boost fast too. so in most part it should blow up and over is what I'm getting? I have seen some of the back of the cabs darkened by the exhaust is why I worry about this!:fart

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i think you will be fine. put a heat shield over it up to top of bed height. thats what ill do when i start putting the pup back there. as for soot in the bed, there will be some but as long as the stack is at or above cab height its just going to roll over the back.

Garrett

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
This thing ROLLs some coal and makes boost fast too. so in most part it should blow up and over is what I'm getting? I have seen some of the back of the cabs darkened by the exhaust is why I worry about this!:fart
the back of my cab was blackened because my first one was too short. once it went up it was fine.

Garrett

·
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have some good pictures of singles stack 5" or 6" in there trucks? :coal

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
With those injectors and a 38R it's going to be a smoky truck. Why not just turn the chip down when he's back there? If there's a dog in the bed, you don't need to be running the hell out of it anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Ron,

You should put some sort of gaurd on the stack to help protect your pup. Also, the height and style cut of stack will make a difference. You can try a curved style, to blow the smoke away from the bed as much as possible. I've had alot of people by curved style stacks to help keep smoke away from live stock trailers.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
here's my 5" shorty.

5" raised up. it was about 2" above the cab in this picture.

single 6" cat stack.

Garrett

·
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I kind of have my hart set on a 6" stack 36" with a miter cut single off to the side some ,I have 5" exhaust under the truck and want to come up with 5'' into a 6" stack ,I looked at FTE diesel but did not see one. cowboy has to have one there!:thumbsup

·
1,709 Posts
I think that you will be fine. If the pup hits it once and knows that it is hot, he won't run into it again.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
silverline makes 6-8" stacks now.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
I kind of have my hart set on a 6" stack 36" with a miter cut single off to the side some ,I have 5" exhaust under the truck and want to come up with 5'' into a 6" stack ,I looked at FTE diesel but did not see one. cowboy has to have one there!:thumbsup
I do have the stacks, but we don't build a single stack kit like MBRP, or FTE Diesels. We are looking into doing a straight shot stack, but working on the hood stacks, and the black stacks currently. FTE Diesel kits are nice, and I've seen them first hand. His website is not all the way up yet, which is why you can not see any photo's of his stuff. Call him though, he's a good guy. Plus he sells Grand Rock stacks! :thumbsup

·
406 Posts
You know, you could solve this problem so easily. Let the dog ride in the front seat and you could get whatever stack you wanted in the back and not worry about the dog

1 - 20 of 34 Posts