The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good kit out there? I'm looking for a 7" Black Mitre cut single stack to bolt on to my 4" DPF delete pipe. I heard it was hard to support the single stack and not pull the pinch welds out of the bed. Is there a kit and if so are there some better than others? Thanks

·
1,077 Posts
Dirty diesel customs in Red Deer is doing the exact same setup to my truck next week. But I'm not sure how they're doin it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Is there a good kit out there? I'm looking for a 7" Black Mitre cut single stack to bolt on to my 4" DPF delete pipe. I heard it was hard to support the single stack and not pull the pinch welds out of the bed. Is there a kit and if so are there some better than others? Thanks
Build a support that holds the weight of the stack and thru pipe down to the floor of the bed. This is the same way I build/install dual stacks on all trucks. It takes a little more time but in the end the weight is supported straight down onto the floor on the bed. This prevents you have to pull on the front of the bed on the wrong angle. This also always the final adjustment on the stacks/stack for proper alignment and angle.

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
Why would you want a single stack? If you are going to cut holes in your bed why not just do it right and put dual stacks on. I think they look much better then a single stack. If you do put a single stack on then do me a favor a center it it the bed. I hate seeing trucks with a single stack on one side or not centered right. Just my 2 cents.

·
181 Posts
Most Dual Stack kits you buy have just a single hole with the Y in the box. Is your truck lifted or stock height? Check out Grand Rocks Web sight they are a sponser for this forum. We have on order for our show room. 7" Black angle cut, 7" Chrome angle cut, 6" chome angle, 6" chrome auzzies and a couple universal mount kits.

·