The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one, I'm brand new here. I'v been reading this fourm for a while thoe and I sure some one out there can help me out...I'm dealing with a 2001 cummins (5 speed if it matters?).. I was driving home last night and when I went to shift I put my clutch to the floor. It ended up being the line going into my slave cylinder, i had the slave cylinder off, it seemed to be fine other then the pins holding the line in, backed out so i put things back together, and put in new roll pins to hold the line in to see if it was just the line. Now my problem is bleeding the system down to the slave cylinder, I can't find any bleeders any where, I made sure the push rod on the slave cylinder was hitting the forks where its supposed to in the ball. I'm not firmillar with a system that dosn't have a bleeder or somthing like that ?? :shrug: . I'm lost now, its been sitting for a while now and the fluid isn't going any where regardless if I try pumping the clutch... Thanks in advanced for any help * -Ethan

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I'll let one of the manual guys help on this but welcome to the site. You should fill out your signature so we can see what you are driving.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you aka.. I was talking to one of the mechanics at work and he told me the fords were like this, I was told to make sure the pusher rod was out on the slave cylinder, fill the cylinder it self with fluid then make sure that i had plenty of fluid in the resivor then hook up the slave cylinder to the line and push in the pusher rod with your hand, this was supposed to bleed the system , from the cylinder to the resivor. I did everything I was told and made sure I had plenty of fluid every where, but when I pushed my clutch there was nothing.. I'm back where I started now...bad slave cylinder ?

B

·
0 Posts
I would say it is probably bad instead of trapped air. The new ones come with the rod held down and specific instructions not to release it until it is installed or problems will result.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
what u do is take the slave cylinder loose from the tranny and bring the slave cylinder above the clutch master cyclinder and bleed it with a one man bleeder kit it only cost about 7 bucks at the auto parts store , but u wil need a second person to pump the clutch pedel and u to hold the slave cylinder above the cluctch master cyclinder and hold the push rod , sounds complicated but its really easy, pm if u need some more help:Thumbup:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
if u had a bad slave cylinder it would stay pushed out and wouldnt go back in and the seals would be leaking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts