The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with their rear sliding window latch coming off? Mine broke off completely. What do you guys suggest i use to glue it back on, super glue or do they make a special glass glue???
THANKS

·
1,700 Posts
did the tab come off the glass, rear view mirror adhesive any parts store will have it

did the latch just break the dealer sells just the latch and maybe any other parts store too

·
Riding solow on the Hog
286 Posts
:haha My youngest daughter was recently mortified when Blizzards rear window tab came off in her hand.... Poor lil girl was on the verge of tears until she saw me laughing in the rear view mirror.:haha The look on her face when it happened was priceless.:D

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya the whole darn latch came off completely i superglued the hell out of i....well c how it holds up

·
1,567 Posts
Call a glass installer where you live, the glass doctor glued back on my father-in-law’s and it still holding up after three years

Reactions: 4cstr

·
8,265 Posts
I will make a call to the glass doctor on Monday!!

·
1,700 Posts
call a glass shop if you want, i dont know how you are but if you like doing things yourself and cheap then you can get the rear view mirror adhesive and glue the tab back on. that adhesive can be found at any parts store where all the other adhesives, silicones and loctites are. the process is plain and simple, just read the directions and follow. this process is what the glass shop will do minus the labor charge. either way its a easy fix. i have glued many tabs on for sliders and rear view mirrors.

·
1,700 Posts
sorry 4cstr, i just read your other post and saw that you tried the glue yourself, i personally have not had a problem with it but there can be a bad apple of the bunch as i have heard of people not having good results. i used to know a brand of 2-part epoxy that bonded so hard to glass that it would take a chunk of glass out if you pulled the tab off intentionally and i have seen rear view mirror glue do that too. I have also heard of people having bad results of trying the rear view mirror glue themselves. It could have been bad/cheap glue. no offense to you on your failed attempt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts