The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have their trans. seem to slip when put into reverse? Presently tuned w/spartan 275 and dpf delete

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
define shutter. You mean like acts like a big block when its hoping and sounding rough?

How often does this "slip" occur? How do you know its a slip?

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Yeah mine to. Seems to kinda shutter if you get on it a it?
what do you expect? when you put it in reverse, you know your engine starts turning the other way:madpoke:haha:haha

·
2,126 Posts
LMFAO^^^^

·
139 Posts
ive got it too, it just came back, it was gone for quite awhile, mine did it stock tho so does my dads o8 and my o3 did it, his o5 did it no problems ended up occurring with any of em

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
same here

·
2,183 Posts
me too

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Mine does it only on Occasion, usually I let off the gas and ease back into it and it fine; to me it seems like I press the throttle too fast after putting in reverse becasue if I wait for a second or two after shifting it seems fine?

·
65 Posts
My 450 does the same. It has also done it in forward, If I go from reverse to forward or forward to reverse. I have seen something somewhere as to it being the torque converter locking. suposedly there is a TSB on it, but I have not found anything. I am still looking, but have not worried too much, since it appears to be common.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
You know mine did this today for the first time ever, but I think its was because I got on the throttle to fast before the tranny had fully shifted.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Did not notice a shudder in reverse, but sometimes my arse puckers up going forward.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Did not notice a shudder in reverse, but sometimes my arse puckers up going forward.
I would say something about your comment, but guess I better be nice.

Have not had the reverse problem. Best advise I could offer, is only use forward gears!!:thinking:haha

·
sirkdev
62 Posts
I pretty sure this weird phenomenon that every body is experiencing is axle wrap, the 2008 and up superduty rear springs are 8" longer than the previous years. Make for better ride but brutal wrap. I think ladder bars are the only real answer. Lifted trucks will be much worse than stock.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
I pretty sure this weird phenomenon that every body is experiencing is axle wrap, the 2008 and up superduty rear springs are 8" longer than the previous years. Make for better ride but brutal wrap. I think ladder bars are the only real answer. Lifted trucks will be much worse than stock.
I have bars so thats not it.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
No, It would not be axle wrap. Unless you floored it in reverse. I only get axle wrap when i do boosted launches.

Could it be to much play in the driveline?

·