The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my truck seemed to take a long time to get up the ECT & EOT. Almost 30 min of freeway driving and ECT was still around 160 F. Then it thru the following codes. Job 1 Truck with 210 loaded, I then loaded the 150 took a long time but by the time I got home (30 min uphill this time) it was barely at 180 F didn't throw the codes that time?? Any Idea's??

P0128 X Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature) This error occurs when the ECT sensor signal indicates a
coolant temperature lower than the operating

P0117 X X X Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input
This error is set when the ECT sensor signal is lower than the minimum threshold for a predetermined period of time. 0.04v > 1sec. Wiring, ECT sensor, PCM

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
Mine takes FOREVER to warm up... They need to fix the damn thermostats in these trucks, its ridiculous! My g/fs escape is warmed up completely in 5 minutes of idling in the driveway in sub zero weather!

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Dont forget there is 15 liters of oil puls probably the same amount of coolant to get up to temp..... compared to 5 in the Escape.

I expect mine to take a bit so if possible I have it plugged in, Command start it for 3-5 mins, and I have a piece of card board in from of my rad.
By doing this (when plugged in) after a few mins I am at over 100 degrees, and after about 7 or so KM's it is up to operating temps (or very close) in sub zero (celcius) weather

What was the outside temp? is this jsut a new occurance or a on going thing?

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Outside temp was 60 F. After 30 minutes of driving is was not over 160F If my memory serves me right after10-20 min it would be 180-200 F??

It went to the dealer this morning they think the Thermostat is stuck open?? We will see.

I am in California so Temps are not an issue the coldest I see is in the high 20's. I usually plug it in just so my heater is warm in the AM!!! I know you Canada boys wear shorts in 20F weather!!!!

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
10-15 mins? Id be lucky if i was on the freeway going 100 towing 20k lbs my truck would warm up in 15 mnues

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I wonder how hard it is on the truck to start towing when not at full operating temp..... Obviously you would grow old waiting for it to hit 190...

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The truck is at Ford they told me it needed an update TSB flash and that would fix it. Not sure which one but we will see. I haven't got it back yet so I will let you know. It seemed that in the past the temps would get up to 180-190 with in 10-15 minutes but not now. I will keep you posted!!!

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok jsut got a call from Ford TSB didn't fix it the thermostat is staying open so they are replacing the housing along with the thermostat.

Ohio you might want to get yours in b/c I think it should be warm with in 10-15 min. Probably not causing any damage but I would get it fixed when you get time!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts