The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 04 chevy today that had the LB7 in it. It seemed to run perfectly fine but it just felt like something was holding it back. Right after I tested it I drove my buddies 04 with the LLY and it just seemed to be way more respsonive and just had more grunt. The LB7 truck was completely stock and my buddies LLY was also stock but had 35 inch tires. Did the LB7s always feel a little held back or was it just not running right?

·
3,939 Posts
Probably just not running right. Could have been a fuel filter issue, could be trans filter needed changing....who knows.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
My truck felt the same way until I changed the fuel and trans filters. The truck runs much better.

Was your buddies LLY tuned, chipped and have an exhaust/intake or al of the above, and how much was done to the LB7? Just opening the exhaust and installing a chip will help.

Tony

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both trucks were totally stock. The LB7 had 117,000kms on it and the LLY had 150,000kms. The LLY truck also had 35 inch tires.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called the dealer and told him that my buddies truck felt alot quicker. He said he was gonna take it for a drive and then get it into the shop to have it looked at.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer called back and said that the mechanic said that because it was -30c the trans takes a long time to warm up and until it does it wont feel very responsive. When I drove the truck it hadnt been running long. Does this sound right to you guys?

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
My truck runs a little weak when it is below 10*F, but I have a winter front on mine and it warms up rather quickly when I hot rod it a little.

Tony

·
188 Posts
Ya that sounds right. The tranny will shift different until it warms up some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts