The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a 2008 Ford F-350 CC FX4 that is Spartan Tuned and Straight Piped, I have 55K miles and am current on all filter changes for the record. I have in the past month noticed that the truck when I start is is kind of sluggish and takes a few "womb-womp-womp" you know that sound when you turn the key. Anyone know if the truck is needing a new starter, glow plug issue, or what?

P.S. On a side not, anyone in Maryland know a Ford Dealer that is Tuned 6.4 friendly?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not put new batteries in the truck, I was thinking that at first and then I saw that the green gel in both batteries is clear and very visible.... I didn't know if that was the issue or not, do you think that is the case? They are 2008/55K miles....

·
67 Posts
Batteries are normaly good for four to five years. Your truck could have a build date of sometime in 07, which is when the batteries were put in at that time. If that isn't the issue its time to do it anyway. I would start with that.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will go pick up some tomorrow. I was looking to do the Yellow Top Optima's.... anyone have opinions?

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Where are you in Maryland? Hertrich in Milford DE wouldn't be too far of a hike if you are eastern shore.

Anyway, when I came back from my third deployment the ole 6.4L wouldn't crank even with a friend startin' it every few weeks (allegedly). One of the batteries had a green dot showing, but that was useful as a brick, and wouldn't take a charge. The other battery has a yellow dot showing, didn't need recharged, and currently starts the '71 F-100 no problems.

Bought two new group 65 wally world everstarts and been crankin' like a champ since.

Adrianspeeder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts