The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to lift the front end of a 97 f-250 like 2"? Was going to lift the truck but at $1200 to $1500 bucks for the kit thats not going to happen.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seen a f250 on the internet with a add a leafs in the front. Just wondering has any one ever done this? Other than making it ride a little rough is there any other problems?

·
rock removal technition
589 Posts
just a single add a leaf will give 1-1.5"

·
97flatbed7.3
57 Posts
When I bought my 97, the previous owner out superduty front springs on and the truck was able to clear a 36" tire. Only modification you'll have to do is drill out the shackles where the leaf mounts to the appropriate size. Can't remember off the top of my head.

·
12 Posts
I did an add a leaf up front on my F350 crew long box about 8 years ago, think it was either a Rancho or Superlift - it added a 1 1/2 inches, took away a little of the sag. I dont mind a 2 inch rake but it was more like 4 before that. Diesel engine be heavy!

I since recently had the truck re-sprung at J+D in Williamsport. Still have a 2 inch rake from front to back with 33's, but got 2.5 more lift overall front and back. Now I'm debating 35's or 37's cause them 33's look silly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts