The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I've been wanting one of these for a while, and well I'd rather wait, but I would like a scan tool and the other features sound cool as well.

My questions are these, Does the Smarty completely show all trouble codes, ECM and PCM?

And how is the Fuel economy mode on it?

Everything Else I've heard about Marco's catcher ECM's/smarty is that they are must haves, so I figure I want one based on that. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the fuel milage setting.
Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
973 Posts
sstockton said:
Everything Else I've heard about Marco's catcher ECM's/smarty is that they are must haves, so I figure I want one based on that. Thanks, Sean
:roflmao: I have two Marco ECM's for sale, 2000 5 speed, and a 2001 5 speed. I won't say anything more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Smokem said:
:roflmao: I have two Marco ECM's for sale, 2000 5 speed, and a 2001 5 speed. I won't say anything more.

Smokem,

I was just wondering what problems you had with the ECM's that made you not like them. I have never heard of anyone not liking them. I am just courious. Also, what do you want for the EMC's?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I believe the dyno sheet on the new Smarty is 9hp and 100lb/ft gain. The MAD ECM and injector combo is a good setup. The MAD ECM interferes with the pulse width advance on fueling modules such as the Comp and TST PM3 which are boost based fueling. Which in many cases has caused a loss in overall hp. I have no complaints about the ECM upgrades, but I have no need for them. PM me if you are interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts