The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Smarty on for a week or so now, and I really like it...I know that the Cruise Control is disabled, but I talked to my dad last night and he said the truck NO LONGER starts in N...Is this b/c of the Smarty of do I have bigger problems? The rest of the tranny is fine, no slip, feels great!

Nathaniel

·
Registered
422 Posts
sounds like a sensor is bad

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If you return it to stock settings does it start again in Neutral? If so, it some how is making something in your starting circuitry think neutral,.... is in gear. Which is kind of surpising considering how little electronics are in a 47RE compared to anything else out there.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I would vote for a bad sensor on the trans. I'm not a auto trans guy but from what I know of the auto trans they had a Park / Neutral switch on them.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the way I figure, its not big deal, when I put in my tranny stuff I can fix it then...TC still works, shifts fine...

Nathaniel

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
You still want to be able to start it up in Neutral though, stock those things don't have fluid flow in park. Even really good v/b's still don't have the flow that neutral does.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im kinda confused philly? I NEVER start in Nuteral, and Im not sure how Dad found out that it wouldn't.

Nathaniel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts