The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought a 2002 cummins with a 6-speed. It already has a 4 inch straight pipe, a k&n filter, and he is getting gauges soon. He wants a chip but doesnt know which one to get. He wants alot of power, he likes to race, and he wants smoke. I suggested the edge comp or the smarty. How many horse does the smarty give, or is there something better.

·
4,158 Posts
If he wants power edge comp would be better, the smarty doesn't make much overall power. Make sure he gets a good fuel system too, like AirDog, FASS etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the comp and smarty are what i have on my 2000 dodge cummins with a 6 speed.... the comp with give you a big difference to begin with but..and i say but because it will pull more fuel than the stock fuel system can handle so before he does the comp and smarty he needs the fuel system like charlie was saying.... the comp and smarty is a kick *** combo believe me but without the proper fuel system he wont be able to get much out of it and he will fry the dam vp44..... so becareful..:Thumbup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
the comp and smarty are what i have on my 2000 dodge cummins with a 6 speed.... the comp with give you a big difference to begin with but..and i say but because it will pull more fuel than the stock fuel system can handle so before he does the comp and smarty he needs the fuel system like charlie was saying.... the comp and smarty is a kick *** combo believe me but without the proper fuel system he wont be able to get much out of it and he will fry the dam vp44..... so becareful..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts