The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im new to th 6.4 diesel world. I bought a 2010 F350 in Nov. The first time i had to take it to the dealer, the truck would intermitently blow whiteish blue smoke, under load, and not under load. It would do it when the truck was at operating temp, and below operating temp. It was not in regen at the time. They said there was no problem because they could not get it to smoke when they were diagnosing it. I put the Ford diesel additive into the tank and i havent noticed it since. However, now that winter has finally showed up here in Canada i am experiencing more smoke. I realise that it is cold and it is not just exhaust that im seeing. for the first 20 mins or so while driving it has a very blue tint to the exhaust and stinks. Kinda like the smoke and smell that the old &.# used to have. I stopped by the dealer again and they told me that when it is cold these engines do that. I purchesed extra warrenty on the truck, so that if something major happens im covered. At this moment there is no aftermarket parts on the engine or exhaust. I wont bore anyone saying what i want to or will do for aftermarket stuff untill its done
If anyone else experiences this let me know so i am not feeling paranoid. also i did have ford install a factory remote start so i can at least try and warm it up before i drive. The temp outside is between -25 and -35 Celcius.

thanks

·
164 Posts
i get white smoke when it is super wet outside. i am tuned but have heard that these trucks do that. I only see it when the truck is "cold" or not quite warmed up under slightly hard accell. Hope this helps.

·
606 Posts
Could be several things. There is a TBS on condensation collecting in the cold air intake cooler. Also and lest likely, it could be in regen. If you shut it down before its done, it will pick back up when restarted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts