Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Really Heavy

Votes: 30 29.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of smoke level does everyone like?

None
Very Little
Light Fog
Heavy Amount
Really Heavy

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Smoking like a freight train is fine for the track/sled/dyno.. But if we want to keep driving performance diesels, we should all be striving to have very little on the street....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still trying to get my smoke down on the street. The turbo rebuild helped, injectors and pump are probably next. It does clear out tailgaters though.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Smoke is dumb, this is why there are so many more regulations on diesels. You give the image they are dirty people are going to complain...and I like MPG's personaly. If you have a light haze coming out thats fine but closing down 2 lanes is stupid...

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
As little as possible. Even on the track it would be nice to see the higher performance guys try to ease up on the smoke.

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
Talk about hypocrites...

All this talk of low smoke, but look at the poll!:haha

Just funnin with ya.:thumbsup

·
1,014 Posts
smoke

As little as possible,that chit can cause an accident.It's kinda embarrassing too.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Im not gonna lie when im driving and i see one of my good friends in a diesel i'll roll coal at them...but thats really the only time i blow any smoke...it usta be awesome but then i grew up :haha and when the trucks running good and nobody is around i'll let the TC Lockup and i'll lug some...

Nate

·
Singles Club #2
496 Posts
Im not gonna lie when im driving and i see one of my good friends in a diesel i'll roll coal at them...but thats really the only time i blow any smoke...it usta be awesome but then i grew up :haha and when the trucks running good and nobody is around i'll let the TC Lockup and i'll lug some...

Nate
:thumbsupi do the same thing :haha

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
yes it depends on WHEN im going to darken out the sky!...... I dont think you have a option for me... I guyess I go...........

heavy amount... Because If I dont drive like a a hole...... Its clean... but the min i goose it in any gear it rolls......

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I voted Heavy cause if i punch it from a stop with no boost...its gonna push some smoke no matter what. I dont mind it on bit.

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
For me, its somewhere between very little and light fog, more like light haze. It's a diesel after all. But I'm not looking for more than a slight puff from a stop or at the shift. Honestly, my current tune is a little too smokey fo my likes, and I'd be willing to give up a small amount of power for less smoke.

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
a little off the line or on a big hill with a heavy load or the track smoke is just wasted fuel power is one thing smoke is money going by by look at the banks race truck that is clean and running 7 sec 1/4's

1 - 20 of 39 Posts