The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i would like to make my 2008 Ford f350 6.4 smoke but i am still under warranty and cant do anything to void it, I was wondering what I could buy/do do make it smoke? Without being hard on the tranny or anything else i am already pushing 37's on a 8 inch lift. Any info helps thanks.

·
688 Posts
You wont be able to make it smoke stock! I dont know you would want to any way, smoke is kinda point less and irritates a lot of people.

·
606 Posts
What Buck said. The 08 and newer have emisions that directly impact smoke. Unless you remove them .......................no smoke. +2 on irritates a lot of people

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a programmer the truck will put out plunty of smoke stock, just not sure witch one to buy nor witch one is best for my truck and wont kill my tranny.

·
125 Posts
If you put a programmer or tuner on it you put your warranty at risk. You have a Diesel Particulate Filter on your truck. The smoke you are after is soot and the dpf is what is capturing it. If you want it to smoke you need to remove it and install a programmer to delete the dpf. But your warranty will be at risk again.

·
1,606 Posts
Better yet, put a plastic bag over your head! Moron's like you are the reason Diesel's have a bad name!

·
Super Duty Member
70 Posts
My 08 blew some smoke in stock. Not normal but ford does not care. Just delete it get spartan and a CAI.

·
Oldfart
14 Posts
I have a news bulliten for you. If you're running an 8 inch lift your warranty is subject to a big challange anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts