The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay well today i was taking my dads truck to the bank and i was on the way back and some guy had to slow down to turn into his house and i matted it when i pulled away and the truck blew a consistent smoke haze. it surprised the crap outta me. it wasnt like a bog down overfuel thing either it was a consistent powerband smoke bellow. i dont get it lol. its an 02 thats bone stock. any help would be appreciated :thumbsup

·
KEE KEE WHOO!
1,453 Posts
its a mystery....

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i know

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was like a haze of blackish gray ish idk lol.

·
KEE KEE WHOO!
1,453 Posts
regular smoke haze,

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i guess lol. idk how to tell it was in my rear view and looked like normal diesel smoke to me lol

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
it shouldnt smoke that much, even for LB7, my LBZ will make a very faint puff if i nail it off the bottom, how much is it actually smoking?

·
3,939 Posts
Some LB7s smoke like that when you nail it, especially if the trans hasnt downshifted yet and you slightly bog the motor.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
well from my experience, i followed my gf's dad on a 1200km trip and he was hauling a camper, and has a diablosport predator and he would only smoke a, little when he was chugging up a hill.... it didnt smoke too much...

·
1,409 Posts
Mine always had a little puff @ take-off, now it's a little more with the stock tune. I'm thinking it has to do with the 315's and the fact that I haven't run the stock tune in over two years.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
okay well today i was taking my dads truck to the bank and i was on the way back and some guy had to slow down to turn into his house and i matted it when i pulled away and the truck blew a consistent smoke haze. it surprised the crap outta me. it wasnt like a bog down overfuel thing either it was a consistent powerband smoke bellow. i dont get it lol. its an 02 thats bone stock. any help would be appreciated :thumbsup
My trucks does the exact same thing every once in a while when I floor it. Mostly going up a hill. My guess it its just the normal diesel side effect. I've never had any problems in 50K miles so I believe its normal. :happymugs

·
3,939 Posts
You guys do know you're all describing "lugging" or "loading down" the engine, dont you? :)
Diesels will smoke some when you lug them. IMO, its normal.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
You guys do know you're all describing "lugging" or "loading down" the engine, dont you? :)
Diesels will smoke some when you lug them. IMO, its normal.
Well then great minds think alike. :thumbsup

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got some bad news. truck starting idling rough a week ago and now its got a few bad injectors:bang

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
warranty!!!! lol, make sure they replace them all

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
warranty covered 4. we paid for 4. now it runs like a brand new truck

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
warranty covered 4. we paid for 4. now it runs like a brand new truck
Warrenty is supposed to pay for all four. Submit the bill of the four you payed for to GM and they should pay you back. Last I checked, GM had not changed this policy.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Warrenty is supposed to pay for all four. Submit the bill of the four you payed for to GM and they should pay you back. Last I checked, GM had not changed this policy.
i think you ment to say 8, and yes they are supposed to replace them all:thumbsup

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
okay thanks guys ill have to give them a call tomorrow and talk to them about it. that would help out alot. thats alot of money to pay in this economy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts