The Diesel Garage banner

smoke?

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  merlin5577 
#1 ·
okay well today i was taking my dads truck to the bank and i was on the way back and some guy had to slow down to turn into his house and i matted it when i pulled away and the truck blew a consistent smoke haze. it surprised the crap outta me. it wasnt like a bog down overfuel thing either it was a consistent powerband smoke bellow. i dont get it lol. its an 02 thats bone stock. any help would be appreciated :thumbsup

#3 ·
lol i know

#5 ·
it was like a haze of blackish gray ish idk lol.

#7 ·
yeah i guess lol. idk how to tell it was in my rear view and looked like normal diesel smoke to me lol

#8 ·
it shouldnt smoke that much, even for LB7, my LBZ will make a very faint puff if i nail it off the bottom, how much is it actually smoking?

#10 ·
well from my experience, i followed my gf's dad on a 1200km trip and he was hauling a camper, and has a diablosport predator and he would only smoke a, little when he was chugging up a hill.... it didnt smoke too much...

#12 ·
My trucks does the exact same thing every once in a while when I floor it. Mostly going up a hill. My guess it its just the normal diesel side effect. I've never had any problems in 50K miles so I believe its normal. :happymugs

#14 ·
Well then great minds think alike. :thumbsup

#15 ·
got some bad news. truck starting idling rough a week ago and now its got a few bad injectors:bang

#16 ·
warranty!!!! lol, make sure they replace them all

#17 ·
warranty covered 4. we paid for 4. now it runs like a brand new truck

#18 ·
Warrenty is supposed to pay for all four. Submit the bill of the four you payed for to GM and they should pay you back. Last I checked, GM had not changed this policy.

#20 ·
okay thanks guys ill have to give them a call tomorrow and talk to them about it. that would help out alot. thats alot of money to pay in this economy

#23 ·
Yes, they should replace them as many times as needed up until the warranty limits. A guy at work has had 2 complete sets replaced under warranty.

#22 ·
as far as i know they should... try at another dealer and see what they say :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.