The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home from picking the Excursion up from Ford after getting new head gaskets. A bike gets behind me and starts revving the engine like most bikes do. Anyways, a ease into the throttle and get it up around 2000 RPM and the truck shutters a little bit and white smoke pours out of the exhaust pipe :bang I covered the guy in white smoke..... he pulls around me and speeds off and I limp back to the Ford dealer. Hopefully they can install the head gasket correctly this time, I didn't have the truck for more than an hour :bang

·
393 Posts
Wow i would have been really pissed too..Hopefully they do it right and get you back on the road buddy

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Well Done sir! I hope your HGs get fixed right this time around.

·
Registered
422 Posts
:damnit :pissed:

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe me, I'm pissed.... and yes, they have to take the body off to do the head gaskets..... again :bang Thank god it's under warranty. I believe the finaly bill would have been just under 4 grand if it wasn't. The truck almost got 70K miles on it and my dad and I are thinking about selling it and maybe getting a cummins or duramax. Not sure yet. This is the second 6.0L powerstroke we've had, my brother drives my dad's old F250 and that almost got 100K on it and we havn't had a single problem with it..... oh well.... :shrug:

·
793 Posts
kcpanages said:
o snap........ got to love a power joke
At least Ford didn't build the Power Joke as Dodge built that crap around the Cummins. The best part is when my Power Joke fails I can take the Cummins out of your crappy Dodge and put it in my Ford:eek:wned .

·
393 Posts
:ph ugh i hate the phrase "power joke".

Is your dads old 250 a 7.3?:D

lol come on my dodge is actually pretty nice...

·
793 Posts
DieselJuice said:
:ph ugh i hate the phrase "power joke".

Is your dads old 250 a 7.3?:D

lol come on my dodge is actually pretty nice...
My brother hates his, hes tired of wrenching on it, and I hate the saying "power joke" also, besides I'd rather be stroked than rammedLOL

·
393 Posts
:drinkingbuddies: Me too, me too...I hate all sayings tho, found on road dead is old, first on race day old, Cracked Head Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time. Cummaparts, more than one way to skin a cat......Etc they are all stupid if you ask me. Most are probably thought of while they are sitting at the shop waiting for their truck to get out....making themselves feel better with small antics like these sayings. I disaprove of such talk anywhere i go, may it be in school( lot of ford owners like to run their mouth,who just run a simple tune who have never wrenched on their own vehicles) Why i say ford is because thats all the diesels at my highschool, besides me. I usually run the cummins but i will drive the idi because that old thing is just one bad *** truck. All talk and no walk is no way to run. They usually think they are hot cus they blow alota smoke, out their exhaust and up peoples arses.

But hey thats just everyday, my dads idi alone will outrun these newbs....and my cummins. I'm just tired of these stupid sayings! STOP with duracrap, powerjoke, cummapart. Everything lol please.

Back on topic........Update us on how it goes bro!!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I really dont think that my truck is a piece of crap, i love everything about it, i wouldnt ever trade it for a ford, id rather be cummin after i rammed the daughter and dodged the father, than be powerstrokin alone broke down on the side of the road!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
BriteWhiteRam said:
I really dont think that my truck is a piece of crap, i love everything about it, i wouldnt ever trade it for a ford, id rather be cummin after i rammed the daughter and dodged the father, than be powerstrokin alone broke down on the side of the road!
Clever

·
Formerly F350_Beast
579 Posts
Gator-Bait said:
Believe me, I'm pissed.... and yes, they have to take the body off to do the head gaskets..... again :bang Thank god it's under warranty. I believe the finaly bill would have been just under 4 grand if it wasn't. The truck almost got 70K miles on it and my dad and I are thinking about selling it and maybe getting a cummins or duramax. Not sure yet. This is the second 6.0L powerstroke we've had, my brother drives my dad's old F250 and that almost got 100K on it and we havn't had a single problem with it..... oh well.... :shrug:
In case you wanted to see what it looks like...

My buddy replacing the headgasket on a 04 excursion.

·
793 Posts
Are you sure that much body lift is legal, you might want to check with your local DOT laws but I'm pretty sure he'd get a ticket for driving like that on the street. Heck at least get some bigger tires to fill the wheelwellsLOL . J/K Hopefully this time will work out better for him:Thumbup:

·
393 Posts
BriteWhiteRam said:
LOL Is that what the kids call it nowadays? Powerstrokin? Gees what ever happened to the chicken?

No, I wouldn't trade in my dodge neither. Once i find a good 79' regcab long bed 4x4 f350 srw ford and a detroit 6v53 or 6v92(big b!tch i know) and get it all together. I'll tell you that dodge will be sitting in the shed for awhile.:damnit

·
Registered
32 Posts
How about Powerpuss!LOL J/k but yea that detroit is a big mother! Thats gonna be sweet when you get it put together man.

·
393 Posts
LOL Dmax

Yea, i know they pretty much oil leaking front end weights, but i love the sound of our 8v92 359...and i want to pop someones ear drums straight piping it :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts