The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes things just work out right…

I was sitting at the stoplight yesterday. A guy on a street bike pulls up behind me. If he would have gotten any closer he would have been sitting in my back seat. As we’re sitting there he keeps reving his motor up over and over again. I look at the wind and it’s blowing perfect. I rev up and blow a big ole cloud of smoke that gets carried in the wind right into him.

I look back and see him trying to wave off the cloud. Then he backs up and goes around me. :pointlaugh I don’t think he liked eating diesel smoke too much…bet he’ll think twice next time he’s sitting behind a diesel before reving his motor up…LOL

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
man, i wanted to blow smoke on a rocket so bad earlier....i was in the right lane and i got in the left cuz the car was goin too slow and comin up on construction so i didnt wanna get stuck behind it...look in my mirror and a rocket is in the right lane also bout 4 cars back and gives her hell bout the same time i merged over and acted like he was gonna pass me in the shoulder and all over my arse huggin the line........it took all i had! if it had been a car they woulda been covered!

·
1,386 Posts
Nice smoke out. I don't know why some bikers think they have to continuiously (sp) rev thier engine the whole time they are sitting at a red light.

·
333 Posts
the revving thing is just to get attention. I smoked a couple of punks on crotch rockets the other day. waited till a stop light and they raised there shields (it was about 92 that day) and let them have it good. that is what they get for driving like fools. on another note one of them was my cousin.LOL

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were stopped when I smoked him out. I try not to smoke out bikers when they are rolling because I don't want to wreck them...I will if they are a good way back and the cloud can die down a little before they pass through it.

It's funny though...that guy was trying to get everyones attention reving up his motor non-stop and all it got him was a mouthful of diesel soot. :pointlaugh

·
432 Posts
99powerstroke said:
i would never do it to any type of bikers while they are actually riding, now sitting still is one thing...
u know what i call that soot blowing on other cars and more so to bike rides since i own one????????????? VERY INMATURE.......... Come on fellas. Where is the respect for ur fellow man

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ummmm, ok. I normally do not smoke people out, but like others have said, when they are driving like idiots, that's another story. I do NOT smoke out Bikers, heck, I don't even want to race / run with them. But car's are a different story. If I have some moron that's riding my rear for awhile, I will gladly " soot em' ". Unfortunately, there are more and more crappy drivers out there. They might as well just put up a sign on all the highways / freeways, that says "No Speed Limit, GO As Fast As You Want". The problem today is that everyone is in a hurry it seems, and when they approach a big *** truck, they just think we're in the way. Until we step on the go pedal and show them that we can run with, and blow many cars away :) Ok Rant Off :)

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kcpanages said:
u know what i call that soot blowing on other cars and more so to bike rides since i own one????????????? VERY INMATURE.......... Come on fellas. Where is the respect for ur fellow man
Hey, I was just giving him a taste of his own medicine. I don't like the fact that the guy was sitting about 2" front the back end of my expensive truck with his little crotch rocket and the fact that he was sitting there reving his motor non-stop just put the icing on the cake...I think he got what he was asking for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HD_F250 said:
Hey, I was just giving him a taste of his own medicine. I don't like the fact that the guy was sitting about 2" front the back end of my expensive truck with his little crotch rocket and the fact that he was sitting there reving his motor non-stop just put the icing on the cake...I think he got what he was asking for.
you pull that kind of **** on the wrong biker one day and he gets off the bike
and beats the **** out of you..that would be the icing on the cake then.

just seems like an ******* thing to do..even if he was revving his engine.

so now you are both jerks.:Thumbup:

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slowsixoh said:
you pull that kind of S H I T on the wrong biker one day and he gets off the bike
and beats the S H I T out of you..that would be the icing on the cake then.

just seems like an A$$hole thing to do..even if he was revving his engine.

so now you are both jerks.:Thumbup:
No, you got it all wrong…not a biker…a crotch rocket guy…there’s a difference.

Biker:
Normally about 250lbs. with lots of tattoos and mean as hell…always looking for someone to stab.

Crotch Rocket Guy:
Normally about 140lbs. and trying to pick up as many 15 year old girls as he can before wiping out and getting some pretty severe road rash.

You are probably right that we were both jerks…I know I was, not sure about him though, never met him. There is one major difference in the two of us though…he’s the jerk with the black soot all over his face regretting reving up at a big @ss diesel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
slowsixoh, i have been riding bikes my whole life, including crotch rockets. i think what he did wasn't that bad. in fact i have seen worse first hand. i used to ride with guys that would ride bumpers and run up the exhaust and crap. in return we got smoked and even swerved at a few times. the point is some people don't ride responsibly and it takes a little smoke every now and then to wake them up. don't smoke 'em out while they are moving, but if they want to be an *** while at a light get 'em. maybe that will make them learn before an actual wreck does. and by the way, before you complain, i have wrecked a bike being stupid and lost friends to wrecks for the same reason. a little lesson while stopped could be the difference between them riding again tomorrow and being in a box tomorrow.

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly, I try not to blow smoke on bikers when we are moving. This was at at stoplight and the guy was riding about 2" from my bumper reving his motor like crazy...first thing I thought was if his clutch slips or his hand comes off that clutch...bam...the guy just hit my truck. I just wanted to teach him a little lesson about sitting on someone's bumper...I think he got the picture.

·
Registered
36 Posts
jmccall said:
slowsixoh, i have been riding bikes my whole life, including crotch rockets. i think what he did wasn't that bad. in fact i have seen worse first hand. i used to ride with guys that would ride bumpers and run up the exhaust and crap. in return we got smoked and even swerved at a few times. the point is some people don't ride responsibly and it takes a little smoke every now and then to wake them up. don't smoke 'em out while they are moving, but if they want to be an *** while at a light get 'em. maybe that will make them learn before an actual wreck does. and by the way, before you complain, i have wrecked a bike being stupid and lost friends to wrecks for the same reason. a little lesson while stopped could be the difference between them riding again tomorrow and being in a box tomorrow.

hmmmm..so the occasional 'smoking out' of bikers will prevent wrecks and people getting killed from happening..oh I get it..:Thumbup:

·
1,130 Posts
HD_F250 said:
Biker:
Normally about 250lbs. with lots of tattoos and mean as hell…always looking for someone to stab.
I think you'd be surprised about that. A large majority of bikers have many professional jobs. My money says Paul Sr. was a hell raiser when younger, but more than likely he would NOT fit the "always looking for someone to stab bill." Of course his size alone is more than enough to say "Leave me Alone"

HD_F250 said:
Crotch Rocket Guy:
Normally about 140lbs. and trying to pick up as many 15 year old girls as he can before wiping out and getting some pretty severe road rash.

Bad assumption. I know SEVERAL guys that had Katanas, GSXRs, and Ninjas when I was in the Marines.

I was included in that bunch. Now I would never have done what this idiot did, and I always rode responsibly when around cars. I had an idiot that apparently didn't like motorcycles get stupid with me one time so I followed him to his destination. We DISCUSSED his rude on road behavior. For the record I am 6' and 185lbs with several years of Martial Arts background and at the time I was in my third year as a full on infantryman.

As a side note. The kid across the street from me just got a loud crotch rocket a few months ago. He played Defensive End for the Varsity High School Football team last year. He is 6'4" and 265.

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL. The crack about the crotch rocket guys was a joke. We have a guy at the office that rides a Buell Firebolt and he weighs in at 320lbs. Needless to say he looks like the bear at the circus riding the tricycle.

You were in the marines? That’s cool. I served in the Army…75/2 airborne. We had marines come through sometimes, most of them were cool, but there were always a few in the bunch looking for trouble all the time.

Not to get off the subject, but what kind of marital arts did you do? I grew up on the stuff pretty much. Got my black belt in Shorin-Ryu Karate when I was a kid, but quit to join Judo. Got a brown belt in Judo and then left for Muay-Thai kickboxing. Did that for about 8 years and taught for a little while. After that I started doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu…been doing that for about 5 years now while still doing my Muay-Thai.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HD_F250 said:
You were in the marines? That’s cool. I served in the Army…75/2 airborne. We had marines come through sometimes, most of them were cool, but there were always a few in the bunch looking for trouble all the time.

Not to get off the subject, but what kind of marital arts did you do? I grew up on the stuff pretty much. Got my black belt in Shorin-Ryu Karate when I was a kid, but quit to join Judo. Got a brown belt in Judo and then left for Muay-Thai kickboxing. Did that for about 8 years and taught for a little while. After that I started doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu…been doing that for about 5 years now while still doing my Muay-Thai.

my god..is there anything that you dont do...:shrug: :poke:

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
slowsixoh said:
my god..is there anything that you dont do...:shrug: :poke:
I've done a few things here and there.

Only reason I went in the military is because I played football all my life and lost my college scholarship because of a torn ACL. Army was willing to give me money for college...gotta do what you gotta do.

As for the martial arts...the first day of school when I was five I got bit by another kid because we were fighting over a kickball. Same week my parents signed me up.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Personal attacks will not be tolerated.. last warning in this thread.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts