1,288 Posts
Cool...just one day......thanks

·
89 Posts
oh yea i will be at this one

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I want to thank Liberty and DPM for getting back to me so quickly. White Plains is south east of Athens, GA off of Hwy 20. Their first pull of the season is April 25th. We are planning to attend to check their facilities out. thumbsup

There are 2 hotels within 10 miles of the sled track. I will be talking to them to get special rates just for Smokin. There is also a large lake near by that has a campground. I will look into all this and let everyone know what I find out.

We are planning to start at 2:00 pm for sled pulls and by 9:00 am for the dyno to give the guys time to prep the sled track and for anyone who wants to dyno before they pull can get on the list. If anyone will be staying closer to I-85 we could hook up and attend the Atlanta Dragway test and tune grudge matches they have every Friday night. :happymugs

Smokin will be a 1 day only event this year.

Event Flyer coming real soon!!!

·
1,386 Posts
Bummer, I can't make this one. Too far to drive for a one day event.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Man this sucks i don't think we can do a 6 hour trip for a 1 day event. Guess we won't make it this year.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts

Make it a 2 day event! Come to the test-n-tune and stay Friday night!!!!

prt
So officially Smokin is only one day but, there will still be some stuff going on the day before?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
So officially Smokin is only one day but, there will still be some stuff going on the day before?
Here's what is happening...

The sled pulls are an hour drive or more south of the Atlanta dragway. I only offered to meet there on Friday night if ayone wants to go because I will most likely be there racing with either my Duramax(hopefully) or my '03 Mustang I just got. :woot:

Smokin' 2009 will be a sled pull and a dyno event only this go around. :thumbsup

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Markin' this one down as tentative, for now. Just depends on when the little one arrives, and thing get settled back down around here. Definitely would love to come and check out GA, but just have to watch the timing.:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Here's what is happening...

The sled pulls are an hour drive or more south of the Atlanta dragway. I only offered to meet there on Friday night if ayone wants to go because I will most likely be there racing with either my Duramax(hopefully) or my '03 Mustang I just got. :woot:

Smokin' 2009 will be a sled pull and a dyno event only this go around. :thumbsup
Thanks for the clearing up Diane. I still don't think I'll be able to make this trip this year.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
I'm there too.... might just have to hook to a sled :happymugs

Sure you wouldn't like to race a stock VVT turboed and single cp3 Duramax.I down graded parts to let you keep up.:goodvsevil

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Sure you wouldn't like to race a stock VVT turboed and single cp3 Duramax.I down graded parts to let you keep up.:goodvsevil
Sounds like you're calling me out :wedgie I'll be at Commerce on Friday, race you... win, then make a full pull on Saturday. LOL

We can make it a Super truck challenge..... best runs at the track and best pull

Really though.... you probably will beat me as I've done nothing different to my truck since the last time you saw it run. I also have more than 1000 lbs on you and tires as big as your motor.... I'll still win though LOL

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
So which is the campground that is on the lake... Looks like we are getting a camper so I figure we might come down early and just camp at the lake and then enjoy all the activities also..

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Sounds like you're calling me out :wedgie I'll be at Commerce on Friday, race you... win, then make a full pull on Saturday. LOL

We can make it a Super truck challenge..... best runs at the track and best pull

Really though.... you probably will beat me as I've done nothing different to my truck since the last time you saw it run. I also have more than 1000 lbs on you and tires as big as your motor.... I'll still win though LOL
last time I race weight was 7140 with less then half a tank lol,Look at sig I am running a stock turbo again and I sold my 4094 and twin pumps,So all I have is my be 530rwhp now with a just good parts in the motor and stock heads and stock cam.I will try and make this,Just sucks its not longer might have to just come there and then go to bowlingsgreen to see the vette plant and make a mini vaction out of it.

·
1stGenpuller
160 Posts
There are three campgrounds that are close that are on the lake. They are ran by Georgia Power and it is fairly cheap to camp there. Go to http://www.georgiapower.com/lakes/Oconee_parks.asp
Lawarence Shoals is probably the closest to the Pulling Track but there is nothing around there for miles. I would camp at Old Salem. It is about 18 miles from the pull track. It has places to eat around there and a Publix supermarket.

My name is Ryan Merritt and I am a committee member of Liberty Truck and Tractor Pull where the Smokin 09 is taking place. I am working with Diane and Wayne to help with things. So if you have any questions about the Pull or the area send me a message or call me at (706)-318-0508.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts