The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the sniper special forces. I brought it into sniper performance in Sanford and they programmed a custom engine and tran tune...... It has made a big diff but it runs kinda funny its like the power isnt always there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sniper

what kind of a truck you have? because they tell me that my transmition
would not take any tune since y have the 60L.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 07 6.0. The reaseon why they prob dont have a tran tune is the guy that runs the show only has custom tunes if u have a certain tranny. Basicly you have to have his motor, tranny or his brothers to have a custom engine or tranny tune. Because they designed the tunes for there trucks on a dyno. Im pretty sure that both his and his brothers truck are 05 and up. The tune i have is the 120hp which really wakes it up, I had a tranny tune but it was actin real weird so i took it out asap. The only flaw i can se in my tune is that the power isnt always there. I have talked to people with the Edge, SCT and they always have the extra power. So i dont get why mine is there ine moment and not the next.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mix

You think that if i stack with an other maybe a big G would my truck be ok
or maybe propane or what do you think?

·
Canuck member#3
732 Posts
If it were me I'd just take it out and get another chip or programmer. I know my SCT has power all the time which make me smile all the time....:D :D :D

:smoke

Cost of another power module is cheap compared to another transmission.

Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure

well i was tinking about that but I think I can produce alot more power than the edge that my frind has

·
2,035 Posts
You can produce more power than the edge and stomp all over it with an SCT.

I've never personally heard of this type of tuner, but I did have a Diablo Predator at one time and it seemed like it had power one minute and I was running stock the next. The tuner ended up having bad files in it and it messed up all kinds of stuff...I dropped that junk in the garbage and got an SCT...I suggest you do the same.

·
135 Posts
Not absolutely positive but as I understand there were 4 people involved w/ Sniper and now only two of them remain. I've also heard the 2 that left were the "tuner minds" of the business. Could be a reason that the power is not always there. If someone else knows more please enlighten us as I'm going on hearsay, but from a well informed person.:D

My advice would be to stick w/ a proven tuner like the SCT.

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
28 Posts
well that is what i thought. I am tryin to save for a SCT and studs just in case but almost there. I will let yall know how i like the SCT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hay Diesel71, does the problem I have with the extra power bein there one second and then stock power the next. I know from what i have herd it isnt normal. My biggest question is................is this hurting my motor because if it is i need to take it out. And by the way the tune that im runnin is a custom 120hp tune that one of the owners of Sniper created for his truck and we have the same motor so it works in mine. I wasnt told a name of the file......so hope u can help.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
1badoutlaw this is the first time i have heard of power being there one second and gone the next. return the pcm back to stock and make sure there are no other issues with the engine. try downloading a differant tune to see if it act"s the same way. this will tell us if it"s the pcm in the truck or the tune. i do know there are some custom tunes that only turn on at a certain rpm or throttle percentage, do you know who wrote the tune? did they write you a tune for the engine and tranny?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont know his name but he is one of the owners of Sniper, he has a f-350 dually if that helps. But i have both a tranny and engine tune that he developed for his truck and also worked on mine. I had him take out the trans tune because it was actin real weird it would shift fine when you nailed the throttle but then when u went to back down it would slam the next gear......felt like the tranny was gonna fall out. then after you would stop at a red light after just floorin it it would hold first gear till like 2800rpm then slam the next. I brought it back to the Sniper and talked to the guy that wrote the tune and he told me that i was the first truck to do this. But as far as the loadin the tunes into my truck we had trouble gettin the stock files from the truck. The truck is brand new i bought it off the lot. So i dont know what the problem is hope u can help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont think that it is my motor the truck was fine before the tune. I dont rag it all the time just every now and then, but sometimes when i do need the power its not there feels like stock power, and other times its there balls to the wall. So i dont know whats up with it but im takin it back fri. to Sniper so they can reflash it hope thats all it needs to run right.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
OK do you have the sniper interface and program or did they just flash the tune to your truck? on the 6.0 diesels i found it best to remove the ficm relay before you flash a tune. ford has the techs remove the relay before they reprogram any module too. it is possible you have a corrupted file and im sure sniper will take care of you. ill pm my number to you so you can call with any questions you might have.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well im bringin my truck into to Sniper tom. so they can do a complete reflash of the tune. And they loaded the tune from there computer into the programer. it is possible that it was that some how it got messed up. I hope they can figure it out tom. Well thanks for your help and i will post tom. if they fix the problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I took my truck to Sniper on friday and they reflashed my program. It really flys now and all the time! The owner did tell me that this custom tune was designed to kick in at a certain rpm level. So that can explain most of it. But i love the way it reacts now alot of tire spinnin. All i need know is some head studs.Thanks for all ur help!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts