The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else gotten snow packed into their airbox?

As I was driving from NH to Southern MA today in a mild snow storm my check airfilter light came on. When I pulled over to check it out, I found snow packed inside the air box. Can this be prevented?

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I have had it, the manual for the 6L states if this happen you can just bring it in side and let it thaw out, now have 2 filters in case this happens i can just swap it out. :thumbsup

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I got a cold air intake. Tired of running multiple filters in the winter time.

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
I have had it, the manual for the 6L states if this happen you can just bring it in side and let it thaw out, now have 2 filters in case this happens i can just swap it out. :thumbsup
WOW, I can't believe the fix for it is let it thaw out. I would be getting me another intake that doesn't do it, from Ford, or aftermarket.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
On a side note... DO NOT try to thaw it out in a microwave. I know it sound stupid, but I was 75mls from camp down a bush road and 140mls from a dealership. It was an emergency fix that didnt work.

·
12 Posts
I bought the winter cover and it still gets snow in it just not as bad.just didnt buy cold air intake yet.80$ fornothing

·
506 Posts

Attachments

·
773 Posts
On my 6.0 I had a Volant and never had a problem. I broke trail through 26" of snow, no have a problem, two other trucks on lease had thiers go off.

·
9 Posts
I had the same thing happen. What a poor design. I have the winter front on too. It looked to me that i sucked snow in through the side vent when going through a big drift.

·
20 Posts
I have had this problem also. Right now I have towels strategically placed and they are keeping the snow out. Our dealer is ordering the update fix for the truck. As you can see I get a 'little' snow on the front of the truck. Take care...Jeff

·
1,415 Posts
thats awsome, any pics of the towels?

·
37 Posts
Is your truck a Job 1. I thought I had read that the Job 1's has this issue so thye made changes to the Job 2 and 3 trucks. Doesn't anyone know if there is any truth to that?

·
215 Posts
You would think it would be free!
It is standard equipment for Northland Ford dealers, same as the block heater.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts