The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,so im shopping for my Tuner forgive the NOOBISH feel
The Dealer is the one who installs the programs on the SCT tuner?
Do I get to look at a list of programs at SCT to pick what I am looking for?
Who wrote the tunes,the dealers or SCT ?
Do I get to upload programs from SCT later on down the road if I am looking for a change?

·
Registered
119 Posts
excelerater said:
OK,so im shopping for my Tuner forgive the NOOBISH feel
The Dealer is the one who installs the programs on the SCT tuner?
Do I get to look at a list of programs at SCT to pick what I am looking for?
Who wrote the tunes,the dealers or SCT ?
Do I get to upload programs from SCT later on down the road if I am looking for a change?
goes like this....

you get an sct blank... you plug it into the truck to obtain your strategy...you email that to your PROGRAMMER (dealer)....... you tell your programmer what you are looking for as far as performance..... he emails you three programs (sct will only hold three programs at a time)..... you will then hook ur sct up to ur home computer and download ur programs to the sct tuner... you go out to the truck and load the program of your choice into the truck... ur done.... u can even contact other programmers and buy there tunes and keep em all on your pc....uploading selected ones to your tuner and trying new different tunes.
custom tuned is the sweet deal with these...

ive used Eric's tunes from innovative
and now gonna try Tadd's from ELITE diesel, nothing wrong with ERICS, just did a bunch of mods with ELITE and theyre gonna tweak the programs a bit...

hope it all made sence im up earlier than usual...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im looking at hard at innovative , he and I are on the same page
my local guy is way off base and wants to give me programs that cant possibly
work without killing my 6.0 (ie +250 ft lbs towing 12000 lbs)
I am have been drag racing my whole life,and only 25% of the racers I see at the track actually run fast and run well,I think it could quite possibly be the same with some of these tuner guys?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Many of the big tuners will be in the same ball park as far as HP. You need to look at the customer service end of things and see what other users think of the tuner you are thinking. Let us know if we can help at all.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I know Eric at Innovative will work with ya till the tune is right, One of the guys I know got 17 tunes from him, and each tune was a little different till the guy got the RIGHT tune. The one that made his truck feel the way he wanted it to as far as shifting firmness, power, all of it. I have heard that several other places will help ya the same way. That is the great thing about the SCT, get that program dialed in to exactly what you have and the way you want it to feel.

·
571 Posts
If you know someone with a code reader or an SCT you can have them read your strategy then call up ID or who ever you choose and order your xcal2. That way it will come with the tunes you choose already loaded. Saves a couple of steps. Then down the road, you can still have the tune guys email you new tunes when ever you want to try something differant.

·
77 Posts
Can a Superchips 1704A read the strategy or is it only a SCT thing?

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
FIREBALL said:
If you know someone with a code reader or an SCT you can have them read your strategy then call up ID or who ever you choose and order your xcal2....
did thing's change since my '03 or something?? i just gave Eric my ECM code (BKG, for ex.) and my tuner arrived w/ the tunes we discussed over the phone. i didn't have to email or download anything. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
mudguppy said:
did thing's change since my '03 or something?? i just gave Eric my ECM code (BKG, for ex.) and my tuner arrived w/ the tunes we discussed over the phone. i didn't have to email or download anything. :shrug:

If you know your strategy, we don't need to email the programs...we install them before they ship. In most cases the customer doesn't know if the truck was reflashed or not. :Thumbup:

·
Quarry trash
137 Posts
Go with Matt at LIPD he is one of the best out there

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just ordered my Xcal from Innovative 10 minutes ago,
sounds like fun and I cant wait to try it out

·
Registered
119 Posts
you will love it.... dont forget you can get tunes from other programmers for a decent price and try several of em, a few people have done that... with the sct you are not committed to any specific programmer....pretty cool to have that variety....

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
once u get an xcal - u will join the V-8 club

Dang ! as you slap your head and say WHY didn't I get this sooner :) :) :)

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
double post from SLOW response - Dang AT&T dsl is horrible

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Go With Dj!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts