The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whos gonna stick there neck out first for the new 6.4 ? I bought a first year Saturn back in '91 with zero problems. I bought my Jan. built F-350 6.0in April of 03 with very little problems with 81,000 mi.. Would I do it again ? Probably. But for now will burn, or run the tires off this one.:Thumbup:

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
plus it will be under warrant till you guys get ahold of it :roflmao:

·
0 Posts
If I had the cash...you betcha. Agree with Rich...if they don't get this right there won't be any left to save them.

·
619 Posts
We cut Stroked Lightning in half with just 9.7 miles on it.

I guess we could do something with a 6.4 :sly: :sly: :sly:

GENE

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Even after a near flawless (yet mis-advertised by Ford) 5/03 6.0 I say no way in hell. I've read way too many (1000's and 1000's) negative message boards posts in addition to the stupid stuff Ford corporate has pulled in false 6.0 advertisements and mechanic labor hour screwings (not to mention all the gripes at the fuel island).

My next diesel this spring/summer is going to be that unproven and newly redesigned I-6 Cummins like the 10's of thousands of other Ford owners since 03. :roflmao:

As bad as that sounds a year ago I was Ford/PSD until I died (you screwed the pooch Bill Ford).:barf:

The 6.4 is DO or DIE for Ford whether you can grasp that or not.:shrug:

N

·
0 Posts
im gonna be a guinnea pig. its got a warranty, and ive got other vehicles to drive while its in the shop. bring on the twins!

F

·
0 Posts
I would buy one, if someone held a gun to my head LOL I'll be joining the ranks with many others I know well when it comes time to buy another, I'll go with a Cummins.

·
2,184 Posts
I'd think serious about it..I'd say with the problems they had out of the 6.0L in 2003 that they have done there homework with this 6.4L

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
fordt said:
I would buy one, if someone held a gun to my head LOL I'll be joining the ranks with many others I know well when it comes time to buy another, I'll go with a Cummins.

OK, but what kind of truck are you buying? :roflmao:

F

·
0 Posts
wideopen said:
I'd think serious about it..I'd say with the problems they had out of the 6.0L in 2003 that they have done there homework with this 6.4L
A thought like that makes sense to you and me. I'll sit back and wait to see.:popcorn:

F

·
0 Posts
Duke said:
OK, but what kind of truck are you buying? :roflmao:
LOL I'd like to wait and see what the mega cabs look like with a full bed, or cab/chassis. If we get back into horses big time again, I'll just keep a one ton, and buy a class 8:popcorn:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I will be due to buy again after 01/08. Hopefully, I will have a choice between the 6.4 Dual Turbo F-250 or a 4.5 Dual Turbo F-150.

Eitherway, Ford it is.

BTW, my '04 6.0 has been near flawless.

·
2,612 Posts
i would buy on when they first come out

·
2,691 Posts
I would not be afraid to buy a 1st year truck.
I wont be buying one cuz I am very happy with my 04, and I would not be able to wait for SCT to get the tuning done on the 07's.LOL

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good luck with the Dawdges boys. Refer to the "Get this off my chest" post. If Ford is smart, they will have done their homework. I'm Ford thru and thru and will stay that way. Not gonna let a problem or two scare me away from a quality product.
N-

1 - 20 of 64 Posts