The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have pics of 55w vs 35w and or 5000k vs 6000k in a super duty?
does the h13 35w hi/lo kit come with the relay harness?
should i run a relay kit for the foglights to? i dont want to fry anything.

·
68 Posts
I don't know how to link a thread here, but there are a couple of good threads recently titled "HID Question" and "HID's". Each thread has a few pictures of what you can expect. When I ordered my DDM Hi/Lo kit it came with the relay harness. I got the 35w Hi/Lo and later purchased the 55w Hi/Lo along with 55w fogs. I did not run a relay to the fogs, just used the factory wiring.

FWIW, I ended up not using the HID's and took them out. I did not like the headlight light beam as it shined on the road. Some areas of the road were brighter (think flashlight) or what they call a hot spot and other areas were dim. The fogs were nice and bright, but the bulbs don't have that gray / silver / difuser covering on the tip which reduces glare. Also, when I had the high beams on and hit a bump or expansion crack on the highway, the light beam would shake as it shined on the road, like they were loose in the housing. The low beam was fine however. I tried several things to try and adjust the light bulb in and out of the headlight housing to try and "focus" the beam better. I couldn't get it, so I took them out.

I'm not trying to steer you away from them, just sharing my experiance. Maybe your headlight housing is better than mine.

Good luck!

·
259 Posts
I love mine. Have the set up that you speak of with 5k. I did not wire mine with there relay. I used the factory wiring with the fogs. The hids take way less voltage draw the the stock bulbs. Hey Texas call ddm and see what they can do for you. The shakeing may be a bad bulb.

·
85 Posts
I like mine.55 watt 6k same with fogs. Can't beat their price either. Just a pain in the *** sometimes you have to turn them off / on several times to get both of them to fire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts