The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, was wondering what a good website is for the N/A 7.3L. I just got a 93 crew cab with a five speed and have had some trouble finding cold air intakes exhaust etc. thank I'm new to the N/A engines any info will help. Thanks

03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
Discussion Starter #2
This post is me too.

Hello everyone, formerly powerstrokin350 here, can't remember that info, so here I am with a new profile. But I just got a 1993 F-350 with the NA 7.3L and I was wondering, I thought I heard somewhere that you can adjust a screw or something on the injection pump or something to get a little bit more power out of it. Or any other tricks to help the output of these engines. Love my "new" truck. It has 350,??? And doesn't smoke while driving. Even tried lugging it, since it's a stick馃槣馃憤 so I guess it's running good. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks

POSTED IN FORD TECH ARTICLES

Left side of injecter pump remove small plate ,line up timing mark to tdc,take a flashlight and look in hole for allen head screw 5/32 if i remember it,turn clock wise to increase fuel,be careful and only go one flat of the allen wrench at a time,aLITTLE IS ALOT,better instructions posted in the ford tech sections,just because she's blowin black smoke doesn't mean more power,just wasted fuel,my opinion,you gotta get more air in it also,take the bowl out of the air cleaner,and get it modded to take in air from outside the engine bay,then get your exhaust flowin as freely as you can,that will help ,just not alot you can do without a turbo,not real big power houses,but i like my old idi,good luck,and have fun tinkerin with it.:rock

Super Moderator
All these trucks were born with "cold air intakes", even today they are, but for some reason spending $$$ on a new one is better. Sorry, I'm synical and don't believe the marketing at all.

The IDI engines are INtolerant of overly advanced timing and excessive fuel, you can get a *little* more power from them but rapidly begin reducing reliability. I would say they are less mod friendly than the 6.0Ls!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts