The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my A with the sled. It's wrecked now, but looked good with the sled.

Attachments

·
2,555 Posts
Thanks for posting Sorry to hear it got wrecked sharp looking W. Is the paint match on the sled intentional??:guitar

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting Sorry to hear it got wrecked sharp looking W. Is the paint match on the sled intentional??:guitar
Yeah, I painted two trucks to match the sled. Here's some more of my stuff. The lavender KW is my wife's. She drives local around here, and sometimes up the east coast. The cabover came from Georgia. I bought it on Ebay. It was rough when we got it, but was all original. We do all our own work...engines, trans, tires, frame work, body work, and paint.

Attachments

·
2,824 Posts
Not trying to start any argument, but I didnt think KW made a K100 with square head lights in 82 or a set back axle.

Good looking trucks, I like the A model, thats my kinda truck.

·
2,555 Posts
more nice iron looks like you got it figured out ;),myself i have trouble getting to the shiney part:damnit

·
2,824 Posts
more nice iron looks like you got it figured out ;),myself i have trouble getting to the shiney part:damnit
I like the saying, chrome dont get ya home.:happymugs

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not trying to start any argument, but I didnt think KW made a K100 with square head lights in 82 or a set back axle.

Good looking trucks, I like the A model, thats my kinda truck.
You're right. They went to square in 84. The man I bought it from put the corner pieces on it with the square lights. (What an idiot)!! I set the axle back. I used to run it up the east coast. It almost beat my guts out. So, I used T-600 front springs, and lengthened it from 180" to 265" wheelbase. Rides like a car now.

·
2,824 Posts
You're right. They went to square in 84. The man I bought it from put the corner pieces on it with the square lights. (What an idiot)!! I set the axle back. I used to run it up the east coast. It almost beat my guts out. So, I used T-600 front springs, and lengthened it from 180" to 265" wheelbase. Rides like a car now.
Yep, I figured it was done for ride, I like the look of the set forwards, but that setback is the way to go if your going to try and drive one all the time.

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yep, I figured it was done for ride, I like the look of the set forwards, but that setback is the way to go if your going to try and drive one all the time.
I drove it and my A model from here to Jersey and NYC for over 3 years. The COE gets as many looks as the A does...or did. I wrecked it last June. A lady and her daughter ran a red light in front of me and I hit them (in a PT Cruiser) directly in the passenger door running 55 mph. The mom died on impact, and the daughter gat banged up pretty bad. Naturally they had the NC state minimum limits on insurance. I never got a dime...to this day. So, I parked it and found an 03 W900 which I drive now. I'll post some pics of it, too. It's an MBN I converted to 6NZ via ECM and camshaft.

Attachments

·
2,824 Posts
Thats bad luck on the wreck, and I know the cabovers are becoming more popular as the years move on, Im thinking about buying another one.

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats bad luck on the wreck, and I know the cabovers are becoming more popular as the years move on, Im thinking about buying another one.
Yep, they are. Becoming harder to find, too. I've been kicking around the idea of selling this one. I hardly drive it much. I don't know what part of Ohio you are from, but I take it every year to Bowling Green and Wilmington. My neighbor has a alcohol Super Stock tractor we take up there every year.

I'll keep my eyes open...I run across a few.

·
2,824 Posts
Im only 30 miles from wilmington, that is when Im at home. I will have to make it to the GN pull there this year.

·
248 Posts
nice rides sledman. On that black KW is that a jones hood or just a modified stock? In the pics it looks like the whole light buckets have been changed over or had the squareness rounded out.

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice rides sledman. On that black KW is that a jones hood or just a modified stock? In the pics it looks like the whole light buckets have been changed over or had the squareness rounded out.
It's a Jones. I like it other than the weight. I have to lift by the bottom of the fender. Pulling the grille handle in't an option. I guess that means it's built well.

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Great looking trucks SledMan!

In high school we would got to Hillsboro on the weekends and cruise downtown at night. I heard they put a stop to it now. Friends of mine lease some ground outside of Hillsboro, the old Sterrick Farm.

·
273 Posts
i rememebr thoses days, and yes they did put a stop to it. city said to much crime......they had only been doin it for 30 years:shrugs

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a few more of the A model. The teal green is the first Aerocab I ever had. It was a 98, bought it in 2000.

Attachments

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's what I do on the weekends from April till October. We do 16-18 pulls all over NC, SC, and VA. I get the best seat in the house!!! My back and kidneys are tired at the end of the night though!!!

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Forgot my BJ and The Bear

Attachments

·
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a few more from Elizabeth City, and Pinetops, NC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts