·
Registered
713 Posts
wierd!!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps I should rephrase. I know you can go through all the gears, but what would be the advantage/disadvantage of doing so?

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
706 Posts
first time i dynoed the operator insisted the truck be run from a dead stop wide open, OD turned off,and they would get the numbers in 3rd gr(direct). At the time the truck wasnt heavily bombed,but it was very strong,esp for its time early 2002,it had DD3s, stock turbo ,exxhaust/intake/the then brand new comp box,and a full DTT trans.The truck spun on the dyno in when the turbo lit in first,which he said it couldnt do,barked 2nd so loud it hurt everyones ears,LOL ,and just ripped the the dyno like it was in low range on the road.The engine was revving so fast that the lowest RPM they caught in 3rd was 2500RPM,,it made 369RWHP this way.Torque was 725ft lbs and falling at 2500RPM.Had they dynoed it right i think ti would have done 410+hp and 850+ft lbs.My 4.10s really give you alot of torque i nthe first few gears, im sure thats why it tore thru the dyno so fast.The truck drew quite a crowd with all the noise,and smoke,lol at the dyno day,it was the only diesel there.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I noticed that Chris Sutton and Scott Vorhees both let their trucks reach overdrive before starting their dyno runs. David Dunbar told me that a DynoJet doesn't produce enough load on the motor in direct, that is why he always runs the truck in overdrive on his dyno. My brother dynoed his truck in direct which yielded 461whp in Charleston S.C. the same setup in overdrive yielded 500whp on David's dyno.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts