The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it basicly an edge monitor with custom SCT tunes?? If so that would be sweet, also could you keep changing the tunes or adding/deleting tunes like the SCT's that we have now, adjustable on the fly?? Someone give me some more info!! Thanks.

Ian

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
I'm quite curious about this too, is it an SCT and monitor in one? And I won't need seperate gauges?

·
135 Posts
I'm looking for more information too.... Does anyone have pictures of them installed with the window mount or the dash mount?

·
307 Posts
That price include all needed wiring/parts? Thermocouple Trans Sender etc..
Also doesnt this now let us select tunes on the fly?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jakkle5 said:
That price include all needed wiring/parts? Thermocouple Trans Sender etc..
Also doesnt this now let us select tunes on the fly?

What he said.
I have read the web page information but can you break it into layman turns eric. Adjustable on the fly? Custom tunes? Does it come with everything I need? Is it as easy as the SCT where all you have to do is email me a tune and I can add it to the livewire? thanks.

Ian

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Yes you can still get custom tunes. No it will not be adjustable on the fly.
What I was told when I asked in a PM

·
307 Posts
I thought that was the perk to this thing? Supposed to be easy to switch tunes like the edge or banks kits. What gives? Right now its a pain.

·
1,252 Posts
Hi,

It will not shift-on-the-fly. The Xcal2 and Livewire store your trucks computer and replaces it with an updated file - depending if you are looking for economy, towing, etc.

We'll receive our first order of Livewire tomorrow. We'll play with it a little and post what we find.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
MOMBENZ said:
Hi,

It will not shift-on-the-fly. The Xcal2 and Livewire store your trucks computer and replaces it with an updated file - depending if you are looking for economy, towing, etc.

We'll receive our first order of Livewire tomorrow. We'll play with it a little and post what we find.

Thanks,
Vivian
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Go to Elite Diesel, they have vids up on their home page showing the livewire in use.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
wastedwagesracing said:
Do we need new tunes also? Or can we load our xcal2 tunes to this ?
You will be able to upload your existing programs to the unit. The new Live Load software is being worked on and will be posted on their website soon.

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
InnovativeDiesel said:
You will be able to upload your existing programs to the unit. The new Live Load software is being worked on and will be posted on their website soon.

Thanks, what about install instructions, is it all plug and play or do we need to add sensors and stuff?

·
135 Posts
:feedback ....how are they working, ready to buy just waiting to hear how they are doing.

·
1,581 Posts
:agreed: :whs

Someone PM me a package price for a Livewire and MBRP stainless exhaust w/testpipe please!

·
57 Posts
I considered this option but decided to go with the ID Xcal2 so that I could remove it if I had to go to the dealer...I think it will be easier where I go to explain a set of gauges as opposed to a tuner box with built-in gauges. I do think the Livewire looks nice and if I didn't have any warranty left I would have probably leaned that way.

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can unplug the livewire just like the xcal, so you can unplug it before you go to the dealer, just remember to return it to stock. the livewire has the ability to display gauge reading among other things, but it does unplug as fast as the x-cal's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts