The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have 100,000 miles on the truck now and something finally broke.

My drivers side door speaker blew. LOL

I don't listen to music loud, maybe pulling it out for the B-Quiet install I messed something up that took a few weeks to show up? Either way I don't notice it, I figured it out when I did not hear the chime anymore. Now that I listen for it I can hear it really faint. Not bad for 100,000 miles. LOL

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
:haha :haha

Ow man, you got me, I was expecting a corkscrew drive shaft, or a stripped pinion gear....

Sucks about your speaker, but on the bright side, you have experience taking the door apart. :happymugs

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I too just turned 100,000miles on friday Wayne :thumbsup only thing thats broken right now is the trans cooler lines and they should be here in the next couple of days... other than that its been pretty well flawless for me

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
all three seem to be leaking on mine now, made my skip plates red... well pretty much everything underneath red, finally upset me enough to order a set of different ones, the ones GM replaced the stockers with didnt last even a year before they started leaking again :bang

·
182 Posts
My trans lines are leaking again as well. I found a local shop here that said they can make me some lines. Once I have some more down time I'm having some made.

Wayne, if you have an extra set of old lines you can ship them to me and I can have them made here. Just need to do mine to find out what the cost is. More then likely less then the cost of new stockers.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is my opinion. IF those braided lines will stop the leaking, IMO it's worth it. I have done more than $400 worth of damage to my brick paver driveway. LOL

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My trans lines are leaking again as well. I found a local shop here that said they can make me some lines. Once I have some more down time I'm having some made.

Wayne, if you have an extra set of old lines you can ship them to me and I can have them made here. Just need to do mine to find out what the cost is. More then likely less then the cost of new stockers.
I do not have an extra set, but I could get some I think. What are they going to do different?

·
182 Posts
I do not have an extra set, but I could get some I think. What are they going to do different?
I'll find out. I'm planning to pull my trans next week to see what 50,000 miles of abuse have done to it, plus my TC needs refreshed. I plan to have the lines fixed then.

I think they are going to put compression fittings and braided stainless steel lines onto the factory lines.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
wayne its the crimps thats the problem, the first set uses a better crimp setup and 4000psi hydraulic hose, if my allison pushes more than 4000psi i think i have problems :bang LOL

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
thats good news...mine is just under 100k and nothing is wrong with it..well, i did have dead batteries after it sat for 3 months..but now i have a solar battery charger so that should be taken care of...everytime i think about selling my dually i go home and drive it...then its like OKKKkkkk, i'll keep it. :thumbsup

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
thats good news...mine is just under 100k and nothing is wrong with it..well, i did have dead batteries after it sat for 3 months..but now i have a solar battery charger so that should be taken care of...everytime i think about selling my dually i go home and drive it...then its like OKKKkkkk, i'll keep it. :thumbsup
Throw a little tune at it like say the Edge CT and your gona want to keep it even more LOL

Just tuned my truck with a simple EFI tune and driving it nice at about 65-70mph it gets 20+ mpg, although the tune made 400+rwhp, so i havnt stood on it yet, i dont want to kill my truck, but damn even 3/4throttle makes the truck move out with authority

i went from 13-18mpg to 15-20+ mpg just by tuning it :hump

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
I've had a MAP sensor, tranny lines, the brake booster line in 8k miles ive owned my truck...

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Now a WIF sensor(wires corroded and fell off) and now a driverside front hub...

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Throw a little tune at it like say the Edge CT and your gona want to keep it even more LOL

Just tuned my truck with a simple EFI tune and driving it nice at about 65-70mph it gets 20+ mpg, although the tune made 400+rwhp, so i havnt stood on it yet, i dont want to kill my truck, but damn even 3/4throttle makes the truck move out with authority

i went from 13-18mpg to 15-20+ mpg just by tuning it :hump
I plan on just doing EFI from the get go and not messing with edge or anything like that. im still paying old bills off, 3500 so far since the end of feb. another 2k to go. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.:happydance

then I'll level it out, wheels, tires, trans, AD2, EFI, Gauges, intercooler tube, etc etc:help

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
ive had mine for 2 weeks and forgot where the dodge keys are LOL .....

that edge evo is like taking a kick in the bum by the hulk!!!!!!!

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I'm really pissed!!!!!! :swear My windshield wiper blades just took a dump at 50,000 miles!!! :roflol:

My last superdooty had gone through 3 sets of front brakes, a set of ball joints and had been back to Ford for a 1/2 dozen "TSB's" by 50,000 miles. :bdh Trans was almost on the way out, too.

My inspection mechanic said I had a ton of brake lining left on my HD back in April. I might get 60-70,000 miles out of the first set of brakes. :) Dealer did the trans lines for free about 2years ago and they have nothing more than a minor seep on them. Not enough for me to even care about.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
when the ATS trans was put in this truck i got they must have changed the lines out......i have hydro hose on mine.....and it looks like someone brazed flare fitting onto the steel line......but there is no leaks or weeps or nuthin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts