The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got the Smarty, Mp-8, DIY CP3 mod mainly plus the minor stuff. If im planning on going with twins, Dual Cp's, and Bigger injectors, should i just go with a big Dual Disc Soutbend?

·
Registered
699 Posts
i say get the stiffest one you can afford, just look at it as a leg work out when ever you are driving. LOL

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they make one that holds up to 750 Hp Drag racing and 850 for Sled Pulling. But if for now im only going to do the CP3 Mod and Injectors and maybe twins, should i just go with the 750?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Get the biggest one for the price. You don't want to need a bigger clutch later.

Here an example of biggest for the price 650hp costs the same as the 750hp

The Iron Giant is good, but I don't think it will be fun to drive. Your left leg would have to be twice the size of your right to drive one in traffic LOL

·
Registered
699 Posts
JD5.9L said:
Well they make one that holds up to 750 Hp Drag racing and 850 for Sled Pulling. But if for now im only going to do the CP3 Mod and Injectors and maybe twins, should i just go with the 750?
My buddy taught me back in the days, that you have to make a goal HP and TQ number you want to reach. once you do that, everything you buy has to be able to hold that much power. dont waste $ and have to buy things 2 or 3 time in the process. buy the one that meets your goal.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
excatly what bill and derek said.. just buy it straight out.. like some guys with smarty jr's.. they figure bob didnt put a high enough hp tune on it so they upgrade to a smarty.. just buy what you plan on buying.. like injectors.. dont get (example) flux 2's if you plan on getting flux 3's.. just buy it straight out. save you money and time.. just my :2cents

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
BillM2004 said:
My buddy taught me back in the days, that you have to make a goal HP and TQ number you want to reach. once you do that, everything you buy has to be able to hold that much power. dont waste $ and have to buy things 2 or 3 time in the process. buy the one that meets your goal.
:bow: :Thumbup: Words of a wise man. Remember this young grasshopper.......

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
750s a pretty big goal. The 550 just aint gonna be enough to hold up with the Mods i plan on going with. Have you Dynoed your truck Bill?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts