The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a south bend dual disk street clutch in a while back, ever since Ive had hard shifts going into reverse and from a stop to 1st or 2nd. I did not have this issue with the stock clutch, iss this common or did I somehow mess up a sincro?

Its really been a pain plowing snow

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Mine was a pain in the arse at first but it does require break in time and it will get better mine was same way i have the 3250 DD wit the upgraded hydros. When your at a stop light try going from 3rd down to 2nd seemed to help me a little after a few times you wont even relize you are doin it becomes habit.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have the updated hydro, I have about 7500 miles on the clutch, So I think it should be broke in.

Going from 3rd to 2nd like you say while slowing down I get alot of resistance from 2nd and sometimes a little grind.

My input shaft had about a 1/8 inch of play, does that sound like to much?

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
try sitting still put in 3rd and make a smooth transition to 2nd dee if that helps mine still fights me every know and then and it has 70k on it i just deal wit it no biggie to me. The play amount i dont know much bout but if i was a bettin man i would say it should have no play??? maybe someone else will chime in... also try adjusting your pedal for when the clutch should engage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts